Guest TrooperHogue

Multiplayer issue

Guest TrooperHogue

Hey everyone, long time lurker of these forums, first time poster.

Me and a friend have recently started attempting to play Emergency 4 online. We both have the same version of the game, as well as running the LA Mod, but after a period of time (this amount of time varies, could be 3 minutes, could be 15) he times out, due to a "connection error". I'm hosting the server on the internet option on EM4, but whever we switch and he tries hosting it, I time out. We've tried hosting using Hamachi, and the same thing happens - Connection Interrupted error message.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this issue, so would be greatful if anyone knows what the issue is.

Thanks.

EDIT: I realise I probably should have posted this in the "Technical Issues" subforum, sorry, feel free to move it.

Hey everyone, long time lurker of these forums, first time poster.

Me and a friend have recently started attempting to play Emergency 4 online. We both have the same version of the game, as well as running the LA Mod, but after a period of time (this amount of time varies, could be 3 minutes, could be 15) he times out, due to a "connection error". I'm hosting the server on the internet option on EM4, but whever we switch and he tries hosting it, I time out. We've tried hosting using Hamachi, and the same thing happens - Connection Interrupted error message.

I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this issue, so would be greatful if anyone knows what the issue is.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums

Does your friend by any chance uses a wireless network to play the game? If so that could explain the connection sometimes fading away. Especially if he uses the wireless zero configuration program from windows. That automaticly connects and disconnects from the network in order to improve the signal quality. But it does mean you lose the signal.

greetz,

Guest TrooperHogue

Thanks for the welcome!

Nope, no wireless involved. We're gonna be playing it over LAN on Saturday, so if we have this problem again I guess it will narrow it down to something within the game, but I'm still thinking it's some kind of weird internet problem.