boballan0

New unit idea

a tank that takes firefighters or police or even emts i was thinking that e4 has a black hawk chopper ( in the l.a. mod) so why not tanks ???? or a f-14 , f-16, shoot even a 747 as a whater drop jet ????? think about it thank you let me know if you like the idea i cannot

what to hear what you all have to say

[EDIT by Pyrothijs]Please don't use CAPS while typing, looks like you're yelling, everybody hates being yelled at for no reason.[/EDIT]

By the way in your sig, isn't save with a f?

Edited by pyrothijs

in response to your questions: there already is a Firefighting tank in EM4 that cannot be damaged by fire/heat/explosions and can carry all firemen. there is also an armored police transport that does the same thing but with police.

F15 - F16: theyre in the LAMod and are used for eye candy/cutscenes. wouldnt be much use in a firefighting game if you had F-16s bombing the crap outta everything while you're trying to put out a forest fire :rolleyes:

747: already been discussed; do you realize how hard it is to model a plane, let alone a 747? sure, you might be able to make a bigger particle (and maybe make the range/power greater of spray if there are values somewhere) but not really worth it to have a hugeass plane come in and block your view

Edited by pyrothijs

You can build any vehicle type you want, the only problem with a tank vehicle type is that in order for the tracks to look remotely realistic you would require animations to do this, unfortunately animations can't be made to dynamically occur, such as taking a turn. The strong odds that we've come up with through our tampering is yes you can make one, you can't lock one track for it to turn for example and you can't animate the back up proceedure, not unless you happen to have unbelievably good patience to try to figure a way to find the directional heading of the vehicle and trigger animations dynamically for each particular movement. In online play this vehicle would horribly malfunction and cause lag like no tomorrow as anyone who's ever sent 20 police cars to the police station in the LA mod knows occurs. A tank would do about the same from all the processes it would have to monitor non-stop.

Easilly you can make a tank, to make one function correctly without destroying the game is the difficult part, if you just want the wheels to turn when it's rolling forward you could do that pretty easilly with some patience.

Fighters are mainly eye-candy, same deal with a 747, it would be useless without some type of mission to warrant the effort needed to create it. Generally most fire fighting aircraft tend to be above fuselage wing assemblies and typically rather robust. The 747 is not one of these aircraft, it handles rather sluggishly and is not known for an exceptional rate of climb, descent, banking ability, yes it has supreme payload abilities, but loading one takes time. This is why you typically see smaller aircraft, generally water-borne aircraft used for fire suppression, they can easilly be refilled and sent to do their thing to the fire in a relatively low turnaround, something the size of a 747 would take too long to supply, which is why I've personally never seen one doing such duties.

yes they are; were making one for the STLMod. its just that it requires a lot of work (modeling, skinning, etc., scripting hell, and animations) so nobosy really wants to do it

ok thanks for the replys, in E4 is there a mod for the choppetrs ??? like the firefighter one so that it can drop water on the fire like the real chopper do ??? are the humers the army kind with 50's on the top the 50 could spary water at people and so could the tank but i do not mod a lot ( i scrued up E3 on my computer when i did =) so tell me what u think thank you :rolleyes:

do u know when the M1A1 Abrams Tank u are making will be ready ???

ok thanks for the replys, in E4 is there a mod for the choppetrs ??? like the firefighter one so that it can drop water on the fire like the real chopper do ???

yes the nl-mod contains a chinook CH-47 made by Stan :)

is that in free play ???? can it drop water ????

in response to your questions: there already is a Firefighting tank in EM4 that cannot be damaged by fire/heat/explosions and can carry all firemen. there is also an armored police transport that does the same thing but with police.

is it in a mod ???

were is the CH-47 ???? did he come out with a new mod ???

Edited by: Mikey PI- Merged Posts. Use the Edit Button if you wish to add more to your post, please do not post multiple times in a row.

To answer your questions:

1). The NL mod to my knowledge has not been released yet, so the chinook is not available and I do not believe it can do aerial water drops.

2). The original game comes with a Fire fighting armored vehicle (with wheels) that cannot be destroyed by explosions, as well as the standard armored police vehicle. Most mods do not have such a vehicle since in the real world they are generally rare to find in existance.

3). Without animations it would be extremely difficult to put an active .50 cal on the roof of a vehicle and have it do anything useful, it would more likely serve as eye candy. Theoretically you can make it behave the same as a water cannon on the SWAT vehicles, however it would look rather odd having the .50 shooting water.