Guest nickflack

Game doesnt start

Guest nickflack

Hi there,

I guess I have the same problem as the majority of guys on this site.

The game did work then after a break i returned to continue but......After clicking on the EM4 icon the screen goes black flickers then returns to the desktop. I have tried to resolve the problem via other threads on this site but to no avail.

I have updated the drivers for my graphics card as of yesterday, here are the required logs.

Please help as I am frustrated and love playing the game(for about a month!!)

Cheers

Nick

DxDiag.txt

Hi there,

I guess I have the same problem as the majority of guys on this site.

The game did work then after a break i returned to continue but......After clicking on the EM4 icon the screen goes black flickers then returns to the desktop. I have tried to resolve the problem via other threads on this site but to no avail.

I have updated the drivers for my graphics card as of yesterday, here are the required logs.

Please help as I am frustrated and love playing the game(for about a month!!)

Cheers

Nick

WOW, somebody who actually took the time to search the forum. You're one in a million!

Your logfile says you need to install newer graphic drivers, but I checked. You updated them very recently. So the problem really should not be with your graphic drivers.

You could try running the game without anti-virus program or fire wall and see if it works.

Else it might be an idea to uninstall the game and reinstall it.

greetz,

Guest nickflack
WOW, somebody who actually took the time to search the forum. You're one in a million!

Your logfile says you need to install newer graphic drivers, but I checked. You updated them very recently. So the problem really should not be with your graphic drivers.

You could try running the game without anti-virus program or fire wall and see if it works.

Else it might be an idea to uninstall the game and reinstall it.

greetz,

I will give it a try.

Nick

Well I gave it a try,

both re-installing and closing firewall and Anti-virus software.

Still does not work !

Maybe going back to your previous graphic driver works, it could be this driver is to new for the game to handle. It worked very few times in the past and it's a longshot, but it's all I can think about at the moment.

greetz,

Well I gave it a try,

both re-installing and closing firewall and Anti-virus software.

Still does not work !

The only other thing i can think to try is right clicking the desktop icon and use the run as administrator command

worth a try

QUOTE (BoomerFF373 @ Jan 29 2009, 03:48 AM)

When I go to start the LA MOD it freezes the game. Any suggestions?

Does this happen when you goto the modifications and select it? If so it takes time to load up

Or has the MOD already loaded and the game starts as in the fire alarm sounds

Guest nickflack
Maybe going back to your previous graphic driver works, it could be this driver is to new for the game to handle. It worked very few times in the past and it's a longshot, but it's all I can think about at the moment.

greetz,

Sorry, I have already tried this prior to installing the latest drivers!