Guest flippie193

problem: game won't start after reinstall

Guest flippie193

I've played emergency 4 a couple of months without problems. Now i installed it again and i cant play it. I get a black screen and it's gone again.

[EDIT] by Pyrothijs, adjusted topic title. ? doesn't cut it. [/EDIT]

Edited by pyrothijs

I've played emergency 4 a couple of months without problems. Now i installed it again and i cant play it. I get a black screen and it's gone again.

Try checking uor firewall and anti virus settings. If that doesn't work please upload your logfile and DXdiag file (see the EM4 GAME FAQ if you don't know how).

greetz,

what do i have to do with my antivirus programm?

Some fire walls or anti virus programs need to give permission for games to make an online connection. They'll ask for permission as you start the game. If you don't give it (because you see the black screen of the game that already started) you won't be able to load the game any further. Thus you'll keep seeing a black screen. Best example is ZoneAlarm.

So you will have to see if, after the reinstall the game stil has 'permission to launch'

it dont ask permission, so what do i have to do then?

uploading your DXDIAG and logfile. What that means and where those documents are can be found in the EM 4 GAME FAQ. How to ulpoad them can be found in the forum FAQ.

greetz,

Uploaded

This is the newest driver I can find. It's version 8.561

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...p=xp/radeonx-xp

I believe you currently have version 6.14. So it should do the trick.

I also found a lot of these errors in your logfile:

mod:UI/Game/Icons/Cursor/MoveToFieldDummy.dds not found

This usualy means you have to remove one or more unused Codecs. You can find more information about that in the TECHNICAL HELP FAQ.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

i need to remove or update codecs, but i can't find them. I've donloaded sherlock but or i use it wrong or it can't find it eather.

I can't seem to download sherlock right now, so I can't tell you exactly how to use it (only used it once before myself).

Codecs are basicly all programs needed for running hardware that did not originally came with your PC. Mobile phones, digital camera's, scanners, printers etc. They all have some kind of image inhancement program they need to run. Those programs usually cause the problems. Some examples are K-Lite, samsung pc studio, mobile phone software. Maybe this will help you.

Unfortunatly I need to wait till I can download sherlock again before I can tell you how it works.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest flippie193
I can't seem to download sherlock right now, so I can't tell you exactly how to use it (only used it once before myself).

Codecs are basicly all programs needed for running hardware that did not originally came with your PC. Mobile phones, digital camera's, scanners, printers etc. They all have some kind of image inhancement program they need to run. Those programs usually cause the problems. Some examples are K-Lite, samsung pc studio, mobile phone software. Maybe this will help you.

Unfortunatly I need to wait till I can download sherlock again before I can tell you how it works.

greetz,

I don't see any of these programms.

i found a virus on my computer, called a worm or something like that. I can't remove it, could this be the problem?

I doubt it, most worms only slow down gameplay and are used to gather information from your pc like your credit card data etc. But off course you could set it to do something else like making it impossible to play games. But why would anyone do that? So I don't think it's the problem.

BTW if you can't remove it I do advise you to quarantine the file just to be safe.

greetz,

Guest flippie193
I doubt it, most worms only slow down gameplay and are used to gather information from your pc like your credit card data etc. But off course you could set it to do something else like making it impossible to play games. But why would anyone do that? So I don't think it's the problem.

BTW if you can't remove it I do advise you to quarantine the file just to be safe.

greetz,

it won't quarantine it, thats the problem

Guest hansardhaulagewillwupyou
it won't quarantine it, thats the problem

do you still have that worm cause i had one but i had to wipe the lot so either update or wipe there the only choices u have pretty much every time u start it up it goes into more sections and deletes everything