Guest NMDanny

[Question] how to edit passenger and firefighter/ems/police seats?

Guest NMDanny

i want to edit the number of people that cars can take

for example change the vintage ambulance to 2 patients and also air ambulance to 2 patients

and make place for passengers in firetrucks.

im using LA Mod 1.8

i think that with ambus it can be hard, cause one stretcher unit can take only one patient

and some more questions:

it is possible that if firefighter lift injured patient, he can put him immediately without putting him back on the floor so stretcher unit will take him?

where can i edit the diver speed(he is very slow..)

and why in mission patch the firefighters walk and don't run?

i want to edit the number of people that cars can take

for example change the vintage ambulance to 2 patients and also air ambulance to 2 patients

and make place for passengers in firetrucks.

im using LA Mod 1.8

i think that with ambus it can be hard, cause one stretcher unit can take only one patient

and some more questions:

it is possible that if firefighter lift injured patient, he can put him immediately without putting him back on the floor so stretcher unit will take him?

where can i edit the diver speed(he is very slow..)

and why in mission patch the firefighters walk and don't run?

For the LA Mod I believe that means you would have to edit the unit.xml file of every individual vehicle. You can find those files in this folder:

Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\vehicles. Every vehicle has it's own folder and in that folder it's own unit.xml file. You can open it with notepad (use the OPEN WITH function) and then you need to change this line:

<loadspace value="1"/>

The number indicates the number of passengers/patients/criminals that can be transported with the vehicle. When youre done save and close the file.

NOTE: always make a backup copy of the files before changing them. After you've changed the files you will only be able to play multiplayer with others that have the exact same set of files as you do.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest NMDanny

ok i will edit, also that how to find the equipment names, and the foot units (pm emt etc..)?

space is crew, loadspace is passenger/patient

what it is count? it is the number of ambus at the buy menu?

edit:

now i edited some stuff and nothing changed, but now i don't even see the rescue crane and fbi vehs

more edit:

i got all vehicles on missions - but no rescue crane and fbi at freeplay

both on LA Mod with original missions and LA missions

i also have deluxe edition

ok i will edit, also that how to find the equipment names, and the foot units (pm emt etc..)?

space is crew, loadspace is passenger/patient

what it is count? it is the number of ambus at the buy menu?

The names you will have to search the files for to see what they are all named at. It's pretty straight foreward though ff_paramedic is a fire fighter/paramedic etc. Mostly self explanatory.

If you mean this count value

<count value="3" />

it is the number of vehicles you have at your disposal at the begnning of freeplay. So without needing to buy extra vehicles you can call this vehicle three times from off the map. You want more then three then you need to buy extra.

edit:

now i edited some stuff and nothing changed, but now i don't even see the rescue crane and fbi vehs

more edit:

i got all vehicles on missions - but no rescue crane and fbi at freeplay

both on LA Mod with original missions and LA missions

i also have deluxe edition

All that from just editing one number? Then I think you did something wrong... If I were you I'd replace the files by the back up version and try again. Just try editing one number at a time and see what it does. Don't just start rewriting the whole mod at once.

thats easy in the editor click on a veichel, go to edit traits and on the side there will be an add transport and also unit button here is a vid i found

the part is at the end :)