Guest Evel

Toronto Mod

I've been learning some things about modding, and a mod idea came to me. Would anyone be interested in helping out with a mod based on Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Don't be mistaken, I'm not asking for someone to do the whole thing, I will be doing it, but need some help.

Wow, me and my friend were talking about that yesterday, i dont know how to mod, i dunno if he does, but i know he has a friend who might be able to help with lights.

Well, you can help without knowing how to mod. I see you live in Oakville and you are a photographer. If you could provide me with photos of units, I'd be very grateful. Also, please tell your friend's friend to contact me, it would be great if he could help.

I've been learning some things about modding, and a mod idea came to me. Would anyone be interested in helping out with a mod based on Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Don't be mistaken, I'm not asking for someone to do the whole thing, I will be doing it, but need some help.

I had made this about 2 years ago, didn't release. Here are the rigs, what do you think?

post-702-1232153025_thumb.jpg

I had made this about 2 years ago, didn't release. Here are the rigs, what do you think?

They're pretty good, though they aren't 100% accurate, but good job nevertheless. Since you have some experience, perhaps you could help me with this? Maybe we could adjust your trucks to look more realistic and then use them.

Guest SOCOMcm

If you want a crash truck, i am making an Oshkosh t3000 striker, i dont know if Toronto uses them or not. you can check the progress of it under the US Army Firefighting mod, in modding and mod help.

If you want a crash truck, i am making an Oshkosh t3000 striker, i dont know if Toronto uses them or not. you can check the progress of it under the US Army Firefighting mod, in modding and mod help.

That would be great, I believe they are used by the PAPFFA (Pearson Airport Professional Firefighters Association), who are the firefighters for Toronto Pearson International Airport. Thank you very much.

I would be the friend Caddi17 was talking to the other day. And him and I both are amateur photographers. But I do more emergency vehicle work than he does. So just tell me what photos you require. Also Zootoo63 is excellent with lights. I don't know if he would be up to it. But he does a fantastic job on them. He knows how to make the OPP pattern.

em4freak

I would be the friend Caddi17 was talking to the other day. And him and I both are amateur photographers. But I do more emergency vehicle work than he does. So just tell me what photos you require. Also Zootoo63 is excellent with lights. I don't know if he would be up to it. But he does a fantastic job on them. He knows how to make the OPP pattern.

em4freak

Thanks for offering your help, I'll send you a list of photos I need in a PM soon. I'll try to contact Zootoo63 myself and see if he could help out.

i can do some research and find out what trucks the tfd uses.

Alright, thanks for your help.

By the way, I've seen the prototypes you sent me, they're amazing, great job. I've been reading up on modelling and skinning, and I might get to work on a car soon.

its some kind of swat vehcile but i think that it would be pointless in the game and you dont need to make it

Ya, but there's some sort of ladder thing on the top, so its not just a SWAT (Well, they're called the ETF in Toronto) vehicle. It serves some special purpose, especially if there's only 1 in Southwestern Ontario. I wanna find out its purpose, and if that purpose could be of use in the game. If not, then I won't include it.

Guest SOCOMcm
That would be great, I believe they are used by the PAPFFA (Pearson Airport Professional Firefighters Association), who are the firefighters for Toronto Pearson International Airport. Thank you very much.

OK, when its finished up and in the correct format, ill send it to you.

ok. but it isnt a toronto pd vehicle. its a london pd vehicle
http://shanesevehicles.piczo.com/londonpol...;linkvar=000044

There's a car there with "Tactical Rescue Unit" written on it. I've read that it is available to any police force in Southwestern Ontario. I would include it in the mod, if someone could tell me what purpose it serves, and if that purpose is of any use in the game.

@SOCOMcm: OK, thank you.

alright, well seeing as you used my website here. I figured I would explain the photos. The london police tactical vehicle is an airport unit. the large ladder on the top is a platform and ladder used to get up to the planes so in case of a terrorist attack, the officers can board quickly with ease. Peel Police has one as well which is pretty neat. The TRU trucks in my photos are based out of London, so I would suggest that for your tactical units, only use Toronto, and then for the provincial police, only use an OPP crown vic and a chevy tahoe. seeing as those are the main units at the Toronto detachment (Keele and the 401). If your going to use any other vehicles from OPP I would just suggest using an F-250 superduty. Also, the chargers used by the OPP are only going to be special for the 100th anniversary. Or atleast thats what friends of mine have told me. I will see what I can do about the tops of cruisers though. I might be able to help you sooner then I said in my PM. All I need to do is find a cruiser, and an officer who will let me take some shots. Shouldn't be too hard :P

em4freak

alright, well seeing as you used my website here. I figured I would explain the photos. The london police tactical vehicle is an airport unit. the large ladder on the top is a platform and ladder used to get up to the planes so in case of a terrorist attack, the officers can board quickly with ease. Peel Police has one as well which is pretty neat. The TRU trucks in my photos are based out of London, so I would suggest that for your tactical units, only use Toronto, and then for the provincial police, only use an OPP crown vic and a chevy tahoe. seeing as those are the main units at the Toronto detachment (Keele and the 401). If your going to use any other vehicles from OPP I would just suggest using an F-250 superduty. Also, the chargers used by the OPP are only going to be special for the 100th anniversary. Or atleast thats what friends of mine have told me. I will see what I can do about the tops of cruisers though. I might be able to help you sooner then I said in my PM. All I need to do is find a cruiser, and an officer who will let me take some shots. Shouldn't be too hard :P

em4freak

there are pics of the charger b&w on flickr. idk if uve seen it yet..

em4freak

Since that TRU could be of use in the plane hijack mission, I'll consider including it. If Peel Police has it, I'm pretty sure that it would be used at Pearson Airport if necessary.

As for the OPP, I guess I'll just use the Tahoe and Crown Victoria(I believe that the F-250 Super Duty is used only for towing the Golden Helmets trailer anyways, though as you've proved before, I could be terribly wrong). I was thinking of including the mobile command unit too, though I'll have to think that through.

Edit: Oh wait, the plane hijack mission has a ladder at the plane already. So I guess there's no point in including it, unless I make my own plane hijack mission.

Since that TRU could be of use in the plane hijack mission, I'll consider including it. If Peel Police has it, I'm pretty sure that it would be used at Pearson Airport if necessary.

As for the OPP, I guess I'll just use the Tahoe and Crown Victoria(I believe that the F-250 Super Duty is used only for towing the Golden Helmets trailer anyways, though as you've proved before, I could be terribly wrong). I was thinking of including the mobile command unit too, though I'll have to think that through.

Edit: Oh wait, the plane hijack mission has a ladder at the plane already. So I guess there's no point in including it, unless I make my own plane hijack mission.

And you're right, I will prove you wrong again. There are I believe about 25 F-250's out there. They are multipurpose vehicles. I know that some of them are primarily used for collision reconstruction, as well as towing the Golden Helmet's Trailer, but they do have a lot fo them out there. Toronto DOES have one. I've seen it. Are you considering using the HSD Command Post? That vehicle is primarily used for RIDE checks and major incidents, so I guess you could add it. Make it like the FBI command post in the LA Mod.

em4freak

And you're right, I will prove you wrong again. There are I believe about 25 F-250's out there. They are multipurpose vehicles. I know that some of them are primarily used for collision reconstruction, as well as towing the Golden Helmet's Trailer, but they do have a lot fo them out there. Toronto DOES have one. I've seen it. Are you considering using the HSD Command Post? That vehicle is primarily used for RIDE checks and major incidents, so I guess you could add it. Make it like the FBI command post in the LA Mod.

em4freak

one in niagara too

em4freak

Alright, I'll think about adding it. And yes, I'm considering the HSD Command Post.

Guest Caddi17

hey evel, once u need them, ill be able to make u some toronto sirens, i've been making some nypd ones for the past 2.5 hours and iv gotten the hang of making the effects, so when ur ready let me know :)