Guest RevonZZ

Oh no, talk of belated...

Guest RevonZZ

Oh jeez. I seem to have a gigantic and confusing issue.

You see, whenever I have a unit selected, the game runs extremely choppily. Whenever I don't, or am panning the camera, however, Its fine! Can anyone shed some light on this? When I dont have a unit selected, the game runs perfectly, albeit on low GFX settings. Also of note is the fact that other mods and the regular 911: FS does not do this.

Is ANYONE even working on this? Please, help me, I cant program for my life. :wall:

Well I assumed it was already solved because I haven't seen any new posts for a while. But since it clearly isn't I'll have a crack at it then. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[EDIT]

mod:UI/Game/Icons/Commands/VcmdRotateClockwise_mousedown.dds not found

This usually means there is a codec problem or your pc has limited acces to to Emergency 4/UI/Game folder.

You could check to see if the files are in the folder (using windows explorer). If they are it's most likely a codec problem. I just completed a section about codec problems in the Technical Help FAQ, so you should be able to find the solutions there.

[/EDIT]

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

I, eh, reinstalled the mod, twice. The missing file did not show up.

I apologize, sir.

I'm not suggesting you should reinstall the mod or the game.

I suggest you see if you have unused codec packs on your PC (like Samsung mobile phone software, K-lite tec.) and if you do you should remove them or update them.

greetz,

Arg, I meant to say

"How do I find out which ones I need and which ones I don't use"

Sorry

The program gives you the names of all codecs on your computer. Find out in what folder those codecs are installed. If a codec is installed in let's say the folder of adobe photoshop, it belongs to that program. If you use that program a lot then don't delete it. Also don't delete any codecs found in the windows folder, they're needed for your pc to run properly.

greetz,

Guest RevonZZ
The program gives you the names of all codecs on your computer. Find out in what folder those codecs are installed. If a codec is installed in let's say the folder of adobe photoshop, it belongs to that program. If you use that program a lot then don't delete it. Also don't delete any codecs found in the windows folder, they're needed for your pc to run properly.

greetz,

No avail, sir, but I looked in the LA mod folder, and a number of files you mentioned are not there. Neither are any that are in the logfile that say FILE NOT FOUND. Perhaps this is the root of the source?

No avail, sir, but I looked in the LA mod folder, and a number of files you mentioned are not there. Neither are any that are in the logfile that say FILE NOT FOUND. Perhaps this is the root of the source?

If the files not there it's pretty logical the game can't find them ;)

Clear your browsers cache, redownload the LA MOD and install it again.

greetz,

Sorry, it didn't work. Hmmm. Something wrong with the package?

Did you manually remove all the old folders from the LA MOD (so that means selecting the LA MOD 1.8 folder and pressing delete)?

Have your tried downloading from both mirrors?

Could you upload a screenshot from the folders without content?

greetz,

Guest RevonZZ

No luck, friend

As for the screenshot, is wouldn't be of much use to you because it has most of its files in the folder, but is missing some

Also, through experimentation, I found that the problem has something to do with the buttons. When I selected the convoy in the mission in which you must protect a general, the game ran perfectly. When I selected a police car, which has a full compliment of buttons, it ran slower than molasses on pluto.