jab_emergency

Weird mouse issue

Can someone help me with this weird error.

Every time I try to click from the intro movie on, the screen flashes but it doesn't do anything. If I click 3 or 4 times, then the game acts on my click. But it consistently takes that many clicks to execute any action, from clicking on a menu to selecting a vehicle or action in the game itself.

Can someone please help? I've attached my dxdiag. Also, I'm running the 179.28 beta Nvidia drivers and I have a DELL M1730 XPS (about 3 months old) and no other game has this kind of issue. It was also doing the same thing with the DELL drivers that came with the machine.

I really want to play this game, hence why I bought 911 from the US and Emergency 4, but neither work. It's madly frustrating. :1046276128_motz:

Cheers

Jon (UK)

Can someone help me with this weird error.

Every time I try to click from the intro movie on, the screen flashes but it doesn't do anything. If I click 3 or 4 times, then the game acts on my click. But it consistently takes that many clicks to execute any action, from clicking on a menu to selecting a vehicle or action in the game itself.

Can someone please help? I've attached my dxdiag. Also, I'm running the 179.28 beta Nvidia drivers and I have a DELL M1730 XPS (about 3 months old) and no other game has this kind of issue. It was also doing the same thing with the DELL drivers that came with the machine.

I really want to play this game, hence why I bought 911 from the US and Emergency 4, but neither work. It's madly frustrating. :1046276128_motz:

Cheers

Jon (UK)

Have you read the topic about running EM4 on Vista in the EM 4 GAME FAQ?

Also have you tried running EM4 on one core?

Have you read the topic about running EM4 on Vista in the EM 4 GAME FAQ?

Also have you tried running EM4 on one core?

Yes, I've read all the FAQs including the Vista compatibility settings advice. It's weird. The screen flashes, but if I hold down the mouse button for a second or so then release it, it carries out the action. It does just make the game unplayable though. :1046276372_bawling:

This is what I've tried so far, I've changed the resolution of my PC to 1280x1024 and then edited the config file to reflect the same resolution. I've set all the compatibility options all the way back to Win95. I've reinstalled, repaired the install, I've even tried to use the Nvidia control panel (I have a 8800 GTX SLI setup on my laptop) and nothing works.

It is such a weird issue the screen flash starts right from the beginning of the first intro video. Somehow the mouse loses its focus and unless I hold it down, the mouse request gets ignored. Any help please?