Guest tymad

New Map problem with traffic accident Help

Hi All, I have made a new map of my local area as freeplay map but have run in to a problem ..I think!

All seems to be working ok but not traffic collisions for sum reason..

i have added the objects & named the as ie: ccard_1 ,, Persons as ccarp_1a & so forth.

When playing map to test i have edited parameters (EFPEventCarAccident) to only run but nothing is happening???

any ideas or have i missed something....

do i need to do some thing else.

regards

Tymad

I am not good at modding so i do not know what to do but try looking through the tutorials and WELCOME TO THE FOURM

Regards jab16,

:12::prop:

thanks for reply. iv'e had a look about but cant see anything as such but once i sus it or get the infor i might make a tutorial too about full map makeing ...not a bad challenge though, its all about learning in it ..

Regards tymad

welcome to the forums! are you going to release this map when it will be ready? :)

thanks for the welcome.. i will release it as if anyone wants it ....its just a learning curve at the mo but if you want it you got it .......

i would say its 75% done at the moment & is playable but stilll needs some work & tweeking

If you have a new map, you have probably erased your collisions with the map. Meaning, you need to do your own road traffic accidents. How to do that... do a forum search. You'll probably find some pointers.

Thanks for that i will look at that

regard tymad

I have had a look about for what you said but cant see much about .. any pionters....is it a xml file or somthing that has to point co-ordinates to where on map or is it to list the names of collisions..???

i think i have fixed it.... what it look like to me is that i was missing one name for the game to know that it was a car accident... i tried this and it seems to work...so for anyone wanting to setup traffic accidents here's how i think it should be ..( i may stand corrected on this though)

set up your traffic accident scene say 2 cars 2 people 1 set of glass on the road.

pick a car and in the properties rename it to "ccar_1"

then second car renamed to "ccard_1

put person 1 next to or near 1st car and edit their properties to rename as ccarp_1a edit traits and set person as injured then from drop down set as energy. its up to you if you select blood pool or not.

do the same for person for second car...but name as ccarp_1b

now goto 1st car and in properties edit traits and tick person in car.. on dropdown select person for that car..ie ccarp_1a

and the same for the second but selecting person ccarp_1b

with the glass on the road rename that ccard_1

now if you want to, do this several times with different accident scene's but remember to name the as

accident 1 = ccar_1 ccard_1 ccarp_1a +

accident 2 = ccar_2 ccard_2 ccarp_2a +

accident 3 = ccar_3 ccard_3 ccarp_3a +

And so on...

now on the free play your accidents should'nt be visible when you start & when you get a traffic accident one of you accidents will randomly play the scene

hope this anyone but as i say i think this is the way it works however it worked for me ....

if i am wrong the someone please enlighten us with the knowledge...

like a donut my original problem was i overlooked the name of ccar_1 and was only using ccard_1 ccarp_1a

And lastly i big thanks goes out to member "w00d" who pointed me in the direction of the numbering

regards tymad