Guest Hoggormen

CTD in mission Freeway Tunnel Crash

Guest Hoggormen

Hi,

In the campaign mode I try to play the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission. However after just a few minutes of playing I get a CTD without warning. It seems to happen when I have the ambulance people go out of their cars...

I've tried the other solves for CTD issues in this forum, but they don't seem to work.

Also - I use Windows Vista trying to run 911: First Responders as administrator and in both Win XP and Win 98 modes without luck.

I hope you can help me!

With best regards,

Hi,

In the campaign mode I try to play the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission. However after just a few minutes of playing I get a CTD without warning. It seems to happen when I have the ambulance people go out of their cars...

I've tried the other solves for CTD issues in this forum, but they don't seem to work.

Also - I use Windows Vista trying to run 911: First Responders as administrator and in both Win XP and Win 98 modes without luck.

I hope you can help me!

With best regards,

see the EM4 game FAQ

I don't see how the FAQ can help me? Can you please be more specific?

It contains a topic about EM4 and windows Vista with a number of suggestions you could try and a link to a topic where you can ask such questions.

If those don't help feel free to repost.

Guest Hoggormen

I feel free to quote myself:

"

"

With this I mean I've tried the solutions I've found on this forum, but without luck. I am familiar with Vista problems and have tried several solutions. The CTD happens only in the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission and never else. I've also tried the cheat to win the mission before the CTD, but the cheat found in the Emergency-Planet.com website did not work.

I would like to ask again:

I hope someone can help me with my CTD problem in the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission

Thank you

I feel free to quote myself:

"

"

With this I mean I've tried the solutions I've found on this forum, but without luck. I am familiar with Vista problems and have tried several solutions. The CTD happens only in the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission and never else. I've also tried the cheat to win the mission before the CTD, but the cheat found in the Emergency-Planet.com website did not work.

I would like to ask again:

I hope someone can help me with my CTD problem in the Freeway Tunnel Crash mission

Thank you

I know what you wrote, I read your post. But am I suppossed to guess what 'other solves' are? But since you say you tried all of the solves in the FAQ, here we go:

Can you post your DXdiag file (start --> run --> type DXDIAG --> press enter --> save and upload result) and your logfile (in main folder of 911FR) from right after a crash please?

About the cheat: it depends on the type of keyboard you have. I know theres a topic about it somewhere, i'll look into that for you.

[EDIT] Found the answer: added it to the FAQ too.

There are different types of keyboards in the world. Germany (where the game is made) has another type then the standard keyboard. The keyboards are divided by looking at the top row of letters. There are three main types:

-QWERTZ keyboard (German), if you have this keyboard you are supposed to type: fairy

-QWERTY keyboard (standard), if you have this type of keyboard you are supposed to type: fairz

-AZERTY keyboard, if you have this type of keyboard you are supposed to type: fqirw

[/EDIT]

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest Hoggormen

Thank you!

I just tried to play the mission once again - the CTD happened within 30 seconds.

Here are a copy of the two files you asked for. I hope I got it right?

Edit by Pyrothijs: added your logfile and DXDIAG as attachments. Next time please use the attachment function (see FORUM FAQ)

Edited by pyrothijs

Thank you!

I just tried to play the mission once again - the CTD happened within 30 seconds.

Here are a copy of the two files you asked for. I hope I got it right?

Edit by Pyrothijs: added your logfile and DXDIAG as attachments. Next time please use the attachment function (see FORUM FAQ)

?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!

This usually means that you need to install new video drivers or delete any codec packs on your PC (K-lite, mobile phone software and all other software for external devices not belonging to your PC).

If that can't be the case I would suggest reinstalling the game. Maybe you made an adjustment to the game which corrupted the script for the tunnel mission.

I'll upload the text of the mission script for that mission for you tomorrow so you could try replacing it with the original file. If that doesn't work I really wouldn't know what can be done about it sorry.

[EDIT] missionscript text added. Change extension to .script and paste it in the folder of the original missionscript.

19.txt[/EDIT]

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest Hoggormen

Thanks for the help Pyrothijs. Unfortunately, the new script did not work either... The CTD happend as my ambulance crew exited their ambulance. As always...

I'll try to reinstall the game instead on day.

Thanks