Crispy_Critterz

Sniper Mission......

Do you think that We should do a section for each level?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• YES (Si)(Da)?
    • No (Nein)

Key things to remember......

1. Ask questions near the shooting scenes.......

2. When there is "down time" deploy Police forces but DON'T block traffic.

3. A strong police presence is key to stopping the sniper. He won't strike when there are lots of Police all over the city. I deployed 8 teams at malls, churches and all along the main roads to the east, north and west.

4. Be flexible. The whole nature of the mission changes near the end.

You can use a few ways to stop the bad guys once they're on the move, but I was taught than when a tactical move is made, it MUST BE FAST AND DECISIVE! (Or as fast at this game will make them go)

5. Everything centers around the bank. Follow instructions, but be ready to move with appropriate forces when needed.

BTW, there is a cut scene, but mine played only once, then it wouldn't play again.... this looks like one of the first bugs in the game.

Good Luck!

~CC~

I vote yes, (Im actually waiting for the walkthrough that looks like will happen on this site soon).

Back to the mission.... I still havent seen a cut scene for this mission yet, when I load it, it just loads the mission and that is it.....

Okay, I need help on this one... I have cop cars everywhere and the sniper in the van stop killing people after the third shot (I guess I got the whole map covered because he didnt come back) Now I got the guys at the bank demanding removal of units from the bank and a car... so what do I do... Do I have to make all my units leave the map or how far away can they be?? And what car can serve as the getaway car for them??? I was just planing to use snipers and kill them when the come out to the car, but I lose the mission before that happens... so what should I do???

Thanks for help

(Cant wait for a walkthrough)

Okay, I need help on this one... I have cop cars everywhere and the sniper in the van stop killing people after the third shot (I guess I got the whole map covered because he didnt come back)

That's an excellent start. There is a way to get him to stop after the second shooting, but you have to be quick in deploying forces....

Now I got the guys at the bank demanding removal of units from the bank and a car... so what do I do... Do I have to make all my units leave the map or how far away can they be??

No. I hide 2 loaded special armoured cars. (2 snipers, 2 shooters, 2 policemen) One is off to the left side in a small plaza in the next block. The second on the sidewalk near where the 2 women with the baby carraiges. Both cars must be pointed in the right direction, otherwise your timing will be thrown off.

Before you bring up the escape car (the green one in the police selection menu,) Equip the shooters with stun grenades then load them into the cars, then hide the cars in the areas indicated. The instant the message of the bad guys leaving the bank appears.... Send your car hiding on near the women up through the parking lot and push it against the back of the escape car... (this will act as a distraction for the robbers..) Let then shoot at this car as much as they want..

When the second car arrives, toss a stun grenade at the pair then wait for then to stagger about.... you can arrest them at this point... (or shoot them if you're into that kind of thing....)

If they get into the car, things get more complex and catching them gets harder and more dangerous.

Also, you have an exploitable bug in the game here. If your Armoured car approaches at the correct angle (when the robbers are in line with each other,) the robber in the rear will shoot the one in front of him. :o

This is the price of having a stupid A.I. From there, you only have 1 bad guy to deal with.

And what car can serve as the getaway car for them??? I was just planing to use snipers and kill them when the come out to the car, but I lose the mission before that happens... so what should I do???

The Green car.... the last selection in the police menu.

You've got to be willing to experiment, even take a risk or two.... If you need this much help so far, you will be helpless near the end.....

~CC~

Well people that want to help with the emergency 3 walktrough can contact me at stan[AT]emergency-4.org

I could need some help due i have much site updates to do and in the sametime im developing the nl mod for emergency 4

Stan

You've got to be willing to experiment, even take a risk or two.... If you need this much help so far, you will be helpless near the end.....

~CC~

I dont mind being creative and I always play the missions several times before I ask for help.... but this game has so much that isnt told that it is hard to guess things you should have done. An example is the mission of the bungy jumpers.... I beat that mission with out even knowing you could send an engineer all the way down the tracks and stop the train... I just let the woman get hit the first time, then send a fireman to get her (surprisingly the train doesnt kill her). It wasnt until I read somewhere that you could stop the train... The game is full of stuff like this, stuff that is hard to see and you would never know to do that unless you stumpled across it by luck or was told.... Im not going to spend 10 minutes of a mission where I should be saving people looking for a switch that only lights up with an icon in the middle of the woods.... A walkthrough would help in these situations...

Another example was the bus accident... It says you need to stop traffic... My first couple of times I tried to use the roadblocks to stop traffic... I mean what better way to stop traffic than with a roadblock.... needless to say, it never worked... I had no clue you had to send an engineer to turn a roadsign to say stop.... untill mentioned here....

I dont mind being creative and I always play the missions several times before I ask for help.... but this game has so much that isnt told that it is hard to guess things you should have done. An example is the mission of the bungy jumpers.... I beat that mission with out even knowing you could send an engineer all the way down the tracks and stop the train... I just let the woman get hit the first time, then send a fireman to get her (surprisingly the train doesnt kill her). It wasnt until I read somewhere that you could stop the train... The game is full of stuff like this, stuff that is hard to see and you would never know to do that unless you stumpled across it by luck or was told.... Im not going to spend 10 minutes of a mission where I should be saving people looking for a switch that only lights up with an icon in the middle of the woods.... A walkthrough would help in these situations...

Another example was the bus accident... It says you need to stop traffic... My first couple of times I tried to use the roadblocks to stop traffic... I mean what better way to stop traffic than with a roadblock.... needless to say, it never worked... I had no clue you had to send an engineer to turn a roadsign to say stop.... untill mentioned here....

I have to admit, the the game makes alot of bad assumptions and takes it's players for granted. The German version is well documented and things like the use of switches are covered. Being observent of the scene helps, too. In many parts of the world, overhead control signs are common, but in most places they aren't. Here in the states we just assume that they are the standard direction/instruction signs, and not used of traffic control. Unless you've seen one in use, you won't know what it is....

Things like rail structures, road signs etc... will usually have a service switch. (In E2, and in the countries that use them, the police could actually operate those switches.... especially the ones for traffic control.) It's actually pretty silly to need an engineer for something like that.

And you've made the same mistake that I did. On the fire/rescue scenarios, I played the game like I was trained..... as a FF/EMT. That almost never works because the game was not designed by or for firefighters/police/or rescue personnel. If it had, they would know that some of the layouts are impossible and could never exsist. (I've never seen so much water used on such a small area to have NO effect.) And no one just stands there when a 12 tonne Fire coach is approaching with alarms blairing..... In short, you can't play the game as if you were a rescue person.... you have to play it like a gamer... learn where the triggers are..... where the traps and "blinds" are (places that look, clear, but are blocked,) etc. It takes the fun out of the game, but that's how the designers wanted it.

~CC~