Guest Linqid

Some problems..

Guest Linqid

Hi!

I'm new at this forum so don't get too mad at me for posting another one of all the CTD-threads.. ;)

Since i live in Sweden and don't speak German or French that good I haven't been able to buy Emergency 4 until now,

unfortunately. Many thanks to Game in England who delivered my game to my house in Gothenburg in just two days!

As everybody else my game keeps crashing to desktop after a while, sometimes it takes five minutes and sometimes I can play for an hour before it crashes. Anyway, it's annoying. I've been reading some threads in the forum about it and understood that you would like to take a look at the logfiles since many problems seems to be unique (right?).

The logfiles are from the last time I played and, it was the LA Mod which i guess you can see in the logs. This last time i had played for approximately ten minutes before the game froze after an explosion and I was forced to shut my computer down by pushing the button.

My second problem; it takes me ages to load everything! Missions, mods, freeplay, etc. Sometimes it takes up to ten minutes which doesn't seem that normal, not to me atleast. My computer meets the requirements for recommended so I can't really understand why..?

I also have a third one; when I'm entering multiplayer mode I can see the available servers, though, when I try to connect to a server I always get the message "Server not found!".

Computer specs:

AMD 64 Athlon 3700+

1 GB Ram

nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX

XP with SP2

I'm not that good with computers, just so you know.. ;)

Thanks in advance!

logfile.txt

I can help you with the 3th question:

You have to open your ports or firewall blocks Em4- 911 First responders.

hope I helped you :1046275747_biggthumpup:

P.S.

Search helps

P.S.

Search helps

Mate you shall read the tos for your signature... so before telling others what to do, whatch yourself

Back to topic

Welcome to our forums,

Do you have all patches? (depending on game version)

How old are your rgaphic drivers, did you try updating them?

Did you try putting values off in your config file or lower the graphic setting?

Guest Linqid
Welcome to our forums,

Thank you! :)

Do you have all patches? (depending on game version)

How old are your rgaphic drivers, did you try updating them?

Did you try putting values off in your config file or lower the graphic setting?

Of what I have understood you aren't supposed to download any patches to 911:FR or to the english version of EM4. Correct? Looked at your Download-section now but couldn't find any patches available in English.

My graphic card drivers are up to date so I don't think thats the problem and yes, I've tried with lowering the graphic settings but it didn't help. I asked one of my friends who works with computers every day and he recommended me to do a defragment of my harddrive which I'm doing right now. Does it sound like a wise thing to do? Hopefully that will stop all the crashes to desktop, according to him.

Thank you Stan for helping out, appreciate it. :12:

If somebody else has some more suggestions I'd appreciate that too! :)

Guest Linqid

Here are the logfiles from today, i had played for about 30 minutes when it froze and I was forced to shut the computer down by pressing the button, again. By the way, in several threads I've seen that some people upload something called 'DXDIAG file ', will that help you finding my problem?

Sometimes I just hate computers, why can't everything just work as it should do! I want to play this fantastic game and Hoppahs fantastic mod! Great work Hoppah! :12:

logfile.txt

Guest Linqid
What about the green shadow value in your config file? Is it off or on?

I don't know if it's the green shadow value but I have set something called "doocclusion" to 0 instead of 1. Thanks for your help!