Guest Jupiro

exe. stoped working please help

Guest Jupiro

Ok, so I have been playing and having a great time with the game for about a week or so. I have passed about 5 or 6 missons. The other day I desided to play with the graphics settings in the game, I did it once before just changing the resolution. This last time I changed it, it made the screen image so large you could only see about 1/4 of the main screen, the area where you decied what you want to play and how to play it. For some reason I closed the game down because that was about the only thing I could see and click on. After that every time I click the sortcut on my desktop, I get a message that the exe as stopped working and windows needs to close the program. I tried many times to open it, but the same thing over and over keeps happening. I finnaly desided to uninstall the game, restart the computer, and load it up again, just like I did when I first bought the game and downloaded it form Stargaty First's website. But now It's still is happening and the game will not open, it just keeps saying the exe has stopped working. I am crushed, I love this game. I just don't know what to do. I figure it has something to with the resolution change I did a day ago. The problem is I can't change the resolution of the game without running it first. I gess uninstalling it did not change back the resolution to the way it was the first time I opened the game. I am running windows vista and have never had a problem with the game running or crashing, it has been smooth and perfect up till now. Please help with any suggestions. I have to go to work now and will check in when ever I get the chance. THANKS

Ok, so I have been playing and having a great time with the game for about a week or so. I have passed about 5 or 6 missons. The other day I desided to play with the graphics settings in the game, I did it once before just changing the resolution. This last time I changed it, it made the screen image so large you could only see about 1/4 of the main screen, the area where you decied what you want to play and how to play it. For some reason I closed the game down because that was about the only thing I could see and click on. After that every time I click the sortcut on my desktop, I get a message that the exe as stopped working and windows needs to close the program. I tried many times to open it, but the same thing over and over keeps happening. I finnaly desided to uninstall the game, restart the computer, and load it up again, just like I did when I first bought the game and downloaded it form Stargaty First's website. But now It's still is happening and the game will not open, it just keeps saying the exe has stopped working. I am crushed, I love this game. I just don't know what to do. I figure it has something to with the resolution change I did a day ago. The problem is I can't change the resolution of the game without running it first. I gess uninstalling it did not change back the resolution to the way it was the first time I opened the game. I am running windows vista and have never had a problem with the game running or crashing, it has been smooth and perfect up till now. Please help with any suggestions. I have to go to work now and will check in when ever I get the chance. THANKS

Is the exe file the original exe file or just a shortcut on your desktop. If it's a shortcut try to make another shortcut form the original exe file.

Guest Jupiro

It is just the shortcut on my desktop. But it does not matter how I try and open the game it will always say that. Even if I open the game from the start menu. I had another game do this once and say the same thing when trying to open it. The diffrence is that game opened anyway even with the error. I have found out that a lot of programs will leave many files on a computer even after you unistall them. The next time I have a chance, I think I will try and uninstall the game, then go through the computer and look for and remove any files left behind. This way I will have every part of the game off my computer before I reload it again and see what happens. It means I will have to replay the levels, but thats fine I found them quite fun.

Guest Jupiro

Well for anyone that may come across this problem while playing with the game settings, I did finnaly manage to fix it and start the game again. Uninstalling it was not unuff to stop the problem. I had to uninstall it and then run a search through my whole computer for any files left behind from the game. Then delete all thoes files, restart the computer and then reload the game again. That finnaly did it, the game started again from the default settings. The problem was the problem file would stay on the computer and during the reload it would not overight the bad file, just leave it there instead of loading the original file over it. So I am back saveing lives and fighting fires, I had to replay all my missions but that's OK I was going to do so anyway.

Guest bhamlyn

Glad you fixed the problem.

Thats very common, when uninstalling it doesnt fully remove all its files (even though it says "total removal" lol).

Welcome to Emergency-Planet too ;]

Guest MickyD

I also have this problem, how do I find any files left behind after uninstalling the game? The game was working fine until I changed the resolution. Now I can install but cant play it, would appreciate any help and advice given.

I also have this problem, how do I find any files left behind after uninstalling the game? The game was working fine until I changed the resolution. Now I can install but cant play it, would appreciate any help and advice given.

Install the game, download our configuration file from the download centre and use it to replace your own configuration file with.

If that doesn't work simply select the EM3 folder in the windows explorer and click delete, then reinstall the game again. All old files should be deleted now.

Guest nfig08

OMG IM HAVING THIS PROBLEM RIGHT NOW PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Right click on the .exe file -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Resolution Check the 800 x 600 im NOT sure does this work

Well for anyone that may come across this problem while playing with the game settings, I did finnaly manage to fix it and start the game again. Uninstalling it was not unuff to stop the problem. I had to uninstall it and then run a search through my whole computer for any files left behind from the game. Then delete all thoes files, restart the computer and then reload the game again. That finnaly did it, the game started again from the default settings. The problem was the problem file would stay on the computer and during the reload it would not overight the bad file, just leave it there instead of loading the original file over it. So I am back saveing lives and fighting fires, I had to replay all my missions but that's OK I was going to do so anyway.

Then test this