Guest lilgopher

Not the first, and probably not the last CTD post...

Guest lilgopher

EDIT: Updated logfiles.

I did some quick scanning of the forum to attempt to resolve the issue... but never seemed to hit on quite the right issue.

I once had a copy of EM4, which I had little to no problem with... other than having to run the Omega vid driver from my GeForce4. I managed to get to Mission 12 before I had to hang the game up for awhile to pursue other interests.

So, after having the urge to play the game again, and really wanting to understand what was being said, I purchased a download copy of 911:FR.

I also d/l'd & installed the LA Mod 1.6.

I was doing fine up until the point when I got to Mission 6... I experienced repeated CTDs almost almost immediately after the first elevator falls.

I tried a few things, and ended up uninstalling the LA Mod, which seemed to cure the problem. The game played fine up until I got to Mission 9, which is where I exprience another CTD issue. Sometimes the game lets me get to the Molotov cutscene, sometimes it it quits after the intro.

Any thoughts?

The machine is a HP Pavalion 061, running XP Home SP3. 1GB RAM. Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 64MB (yeah, a little weak), with Omega 1.6693 driver.

Files posted below.

Thanks for any and all assistance. :)

logfile.txt This logfile is one that quits after the Molotov cutscene.

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt This logfile is one that quits after the intro.

ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!

This usually means you have to update your videodrivers or uninstall any codec packs or mobile phone software on your pc.

greetz,

Guest lilgopher

Thanks for the reply...

I haven't installed any mobile phone software on my PC, and as for Codecs... I'll have to look into that one.

The Omega video driver that I'm using is the same one that I used for Emergency 4 when I had it installed previously. Is the core program really all that different between EM4 and 911:FR?

I will update when I get a chance. Thanks again! :)

The Omega video driver that I'm using is the same one that I used for Emergency 4 when I had it installed previously. Is the core program really all that different between EM4 and 911:FR?

Don't know that but 911 FR was published a few years after EM4 so it could be that you need newer graphic drivers to play.