Guest takwondo

is there any other police/fire deparment/paramedic game?

Guest dkmaisto

Oh, and also a old game called Riot Police. pretty crappy if you ask me, I think I once had a Demo of a game called World Wildest Police Chases, it were for PlayStaton 1. so it's pretty old.

Also, there's a German game series Called Alarm For Cobra 11, it's a product of a German TV series that has the same name. You drive Different Police cars in different missions, that games is quite fun.

Guest EggMcLovin

theres a game called SWAT 4, it's been out for a while.. it's a lot of fun, i was in a clan there for like 5 years but i stopped playing it for a while

If I'm correct in thinking, the fire department series and fire chief series are the same games but with different names. The first one was good, but it kinda glitched. You could put out every fire before doing the main objective, then once doing the main objective, the fire would suddenly explode in an area (this could lead to your emergency vehicle being set on fire, which wasn't good).

Firefighter FD18 was alright, the first couple of missions were very unique and challenging, with good effects, such as having to crouch to see through smoke. But the idea of boss battles was a tad bit weird (it was an arcade game though, so it does have a reason). Basically, someone created a 'living' fire that could attack you and stuff.

911 fire rescue (can't remember if that was it's name) was good too. I bought it ages ago on a trip to America, and I'm glad I bought it. There's three different scenarios: House fire, traffic collision, and office fire. You would then complete these and they would 'advance up' - so you would have house fire 1, then house fire 2 etc. Each time, the level was different with different victims.

The game had EXCELLENT features. The firefighter would put his hand on the door and tell you if it was hot or not. You had to use different types of extinguishers for various fires, you had an iternal temperature moniter that told you how hot is was too. The only issue was that that you had to put out all the fires AND find everyone that was alive. This was a big nuisance on the office levels as they were very large, AND you were timed... So if you missed a small fire because it was hiding in a computer, or a victim because you didn't check behind the desk, you might as well restarted.

I read a tekst about it, but you must have flight simulator for it, wat is very weirth, be'cuz it is a firefighting game

I have no idea what you just said, but are you referring to: "Rescue Pilot: Mission Pack (Flight Simulator X Add-On)"???

Oh yeah, I had this good game (bought in France though, so some was in french lol), and you could fly coast guard helicopters. It featured 3 different helicopters varying in size and ability, and you had to go on missions to save oil rigs workers, patient transport and evacuation. It was quite fun too.

Oh yeah, I had this good game (bought in France though, so some was in french lol), and you could fly coast guard helicopters. It featured 3 different helicopters varying in size and ability, and you had to go on missions to save oil rigs workers, patient transport and evacuation. It was quite fun too.

Gimme' the name, boy!

Search & Rescue 4 aka Coastal Heroes?

http://pc.ign.com/objects/491/491670.html

Bingo! I still had to rake through my cupboard though. I'm useless when it comes to more than one name and the boxart didn't help.

Such a waste of a game. It just sits in my cupboard all the time lol. If I remember correctly, it had great ideas that could've taken off. You could open the side door and send down a winch for example, or even a diver (off the top of my head, so I don't know if diver is a option lol)

EDIT: One of the fire fighting games I was talking about is called: "911 Fire rescue" (OMG, it's made by infograms! nice!)

Your primary weapon in putting out fires is water. For house and road missions, your truck hose provides you with unlimited supply of water. For office missions, you will have to find internal level hoses to provide the same

In certain missions, you will also find portable CO2 fire extinguishers. These can be used to put out most types of fires.

If you take damage from heat (too close to fire) or smoke (carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, or other toxic fumes). You can use a first aid kit to heal yourself.

To prevent yourself taking damage from smoke, you have a limited oxygen supply. To conserve oxygen, crouch closer to the ground where air is better.

Class alpha fires are those that leave ashes, such as wood, paper, furniture etc. This is the most common type of fire. Water is the primary agent used to fight Class A fires, but foam and CO2 work aswell

Class Bravo fires are oil and grease fire. Foam is the preferred agent, with CO2 being useful for smaller fires. Water is not used to extinguish Class B fires because the fire's fuel spreads on top of water, using water spreads the fire.

Class Charlie fires are electrical fires. Spraying water on a live electrical panel is extremely dangerous. You must first cff the electricity. Once that is done, all that remains is the burning insulation, which is a class A fire.

Excuse any spelling mistakes :P

If you want to be REALLY retro (lol, retro) you could get SIMcopter. This required you to fly around in a helicopter and help stop crime and put out fire. AMAZING game! Such great stuff in it. You could pick up water from lakes/ponds etc, then drop it on fire. You could call the according emergency services for a certain event. If you see a speeding car, you can use the megahorn to tell it to slow down and give the vehicle a fine.

Upgrading your helicopter or buying a new one was also another feature. You could attach a water hose to your helicopter to help fight fires too :D

Missions included (excuse me, off the top of my head): Robbery/speeding suspect, fire, runaway train, injured person, people needing transport...and I can't think of anymore.

There's also a game called Emergency services manager. But that's a but of a crappy game. It looks a bit like SimCity. You need to manage emergency services (making sure they have enough resources and money) and act upon problems in certain neighbourhoods (e.g. if there's a lot of crime increase police patrols etc.). The goal is to make the city expand.

But you do not get to fight fires, arrest criminals, etc. You just appoint recources. It's a fairly cheap game (believe I paid less then 5 euros for it), but not very spectaculair and it gets quite boring really fast.

greetz,