Pumper42

Merickton Super Pumper

Hey guys, thanks to Hoppah's scripting the trailer mod, I was able to play around with it a bit. Some of the older guys or the more fire involved guys might remember those little gems called the FDNY super pumpers. Well I made one for my mod, this is the pump and the tender is still to come. let me know what you think would ya. And yes those really are 8 discharge lines.

post-702-1213239653_thumb.jpg

post-702-1213239664_thumb.jpg

post-702-1213239675_thumb.jpg

post-702-1213239684_thumb.jpg

post-702-1213239695_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, thanks to Hoppah's scripting the trailer mod, I was able to play around with it a bit. Some of the older guys or the more fire involved guys might remember those little gems called the FDNY super pumpers. Well I made one for my mod, this is the pump and the tender is still to come. let me know what you think would ya. And yes those really are 8 discharge lines.

No Way! I want to see a real picture of that Engine!

And what happen to them?

No Way! I want to see a real picture of that Engine!

And what happen to them?

they de-commissioned them in the 70's I believe, just look up FDNY super pumpers, at proper function they could flom 4400GPM @ 700psi, the pumper supplied a tender with a large deluge gun and 2000ft of 4" supply line that weighted 108lbs per 50ft, along with that there were 3 other satelite trucks with monitors that would hook up and fight fires as well. They were put in place as a result of some of the huge fire's of the 60'-s and 70's in new york. They basically brought a fire boat to land with the 18 cylinder diesel motor that ran the pump.

they de-commissioned them in the 70's I believe, just look up FDNY super pumpers, at proper function they could flom 4400GPM @ 700psi, the pumper supplied a tender with a large deluge gun and 2000ft of 4" supply line that weighted 108lbs per 50ft, along with that there were 3 other satelite trucks with monitors that would hook up and fight fires as well. They were put in place as a result of some of the huge fire's of the 60'-s and 70's in new york. They basically brought a fire boat to land with the 18 cylinder diesel motor that ran the pump.

Would that make your Engine a fake then?

But his Engine looks like a brand new model... Not something from the 60s or 70s... :huh:

I like pictures of whatever some one is making...

it is my new super pumper for my mod based on the original design. So if what your asking is it a re-creation? no

it is my new super pumper for my mod based on the original design. So if what your asking is it a re-creation? no

Well, Maybe I'm just too real with some things at times.

But, I wouldn't have Godzilla destory Tokyo... in a mod? or would I?

I just won't go too crazy.... I'm just a little scared of your engine... :P

yes, thats deluxe.

and i also thought it wasnt possible to have more than 4 hose connections, sweet, now i can have some fun in my mods :)

i have one of those nyfd super pumps pic in a book thats the history of fire department manufacturers. was always my favorite. its Mack right?