Guest fireguynh1984

Can anyone help me with starting Emergency 3 LA mod?

Guest fireguynh1984

I downloaded Emergency 3 and the LA mod, and want to play LA mod 2.5, but when i click to download the LA MOD, it states "windows cannot complete extraction. The destination file could no be created". Can someone out there tell me how to fix this?? Thank you.

If you are running Windows Vista, the Program Files folder and all subfolders are write protected, it is possible that when you go to extract if you are not running the mod installer as an administrator it is not allowed to create the folder or files in that place.

Guest fireguynh1984
If you are running Windows Vista, the Program Files folder and all subfolders are write protected, it is possible that when you go to extract if you are not running the mod installer as an administrator it is not allowed to create the folder or files in that place.

So what do I need to do to fix this? I believe that I already am an administrator on this account.

If you are using vista goto the emergency 3 Mod installer or shortcut, really does not matter...

Under compatibility, there is a check box that says run as an administrator, click that and press ok and try again. The mod installer now has administrator priveledges and may create files in the Program Files directory.

Vista has a security feature called USER ACCOUNT CONTROL (UAC) this little security feature makes it to where even as the so-called "administrator" of the computer, you still have to permit even yourself to tamper with files in certain locations. If you are just playing the game and not modding it I do not believe I have to go into how to disable UAC for a single folder, which is what I would suggest doing if you were a modder so that you would be able to easilly alter files in the EMERGENCY folder.

Guest fireguynh1984

It gives me an error message: " Emergency 3 is not properely installed. Please reinstall" when i clicked the Modinstaller button. I installed it correctly when i got it.

I moved this topic since it is not so much about the LA MOD but more about a problem in your game. Is your game a digital download copy? (meaning no-cd)

Guest fireguynh1984
I moved this topic since it is not so much about the LA MOD but more about a problem in your game. Is your game a digital download copy? (meaning no-cd)

Yes a no-cd... Can you think of a way to walk me through this mess? When i installed Emergency 4 and the LA mod for that one, i had no problem...

I figured I'd give the issue it's own topic, the digital download versions unfortunately seemed to have a problem with the mod installer so goto this link.

Digital Download Mod Installer Problem:

I hope you are fairly good at following instructions since you have to edit the registry for the solution to work.

Guest fireguynh1984

I followed your instructions on the topic you gave me. I double clicked on the Mod installer, and it still states that is was not installed properly. Should i just start from over from scratch?

Unfortunately, I do not have a digital copy installed anymore so I can't deliberately break my copy to figure out what else may be causing it, if you have Vista and you are permitting it to be ran as an administrator, and you have followed the Registry Fix in the other topic I am fresh out of ideas on what else could be the cause... Maybe someone else knows what else could be preventing your Mod Installer from functioning.

:sorrysign:

Guest fireguynh1984

I spoke too soon. I can install it now, but i can not find it when i click "install package"..

I really apprechiate your help with all this.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

It should automatically install it into the mods subfolder:

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\Mods\

that's where it should be put if every instruction was followed properly.

Guest fireguynh1984
It should automatically install it into the mods subfolder:

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3\Mods\

that's where it should be put if every instruction was followed properly.

I am reinstalling the LA Mod, so hopefully it will go in the Mods section... We'll see.

Guest fireguynh1984

I can not get Emergency 3 to work, so i clicked on the Emergency 4 game to play.

It then gave me this in a pop up: "SecuROM Matroschka has stopped working..."

Now what?

Try this:

Well I managed to find a workaround to this problem on another forum, although I cannot vouch for the Windows security implications it may have...

For Vista users you can circumvent this error by doing the following:

Click on Start --> Control Panel --> Security -- Security Center --Other Security Settings --> Turn Off USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

Or press F1 for Windows help and search for "Turn off user account control"

The game works no problem now, but I am not exactly jumping up and down happy about my experience with Vista security so far... Just about every game I have played I have problems either patching the game, refreshing servers (For FPS Games like COD4), and in this case I couldn't even launch the game!

Google is hard