FDNYivan

Problem with Em4 on Vista

Hello everybody! how are you? is a lot of time that i don't came here to this forum, becouse i'm really busy with the school. BUT NOW, when finally i have some free time and i want play with my Em4 (deluxe editon) game i CAN'T DO THAT.

So, i have need your help and now i speak you about the problem:

I bought a new PC recently, it's quite Powerful (Dual-Core with a total of 4Ghz; 2gb of Ram; Nvidia Gforce 8400GS) and when i installed for the first time Em4 on the PC it worked. BUT now, after 3 months, i try to launch the game but it mysteriously doesn't work!!!! :1046275923_scared:

what do you think about this? what's the problem???

pleae help me!!!! :1046276372_bawling:

Ivan

Hello everybody! how are you? is a lot of time that i don't came here to this forum, becouse i'm really busy with the school. BUT NOW, when finally i have some free time and i want play with my Em4 (deluxe editon) game i CAN'T DO THAT.

So, i have need your help and now i speak you about the problem:

I bought a new PC recently, it's quite Powerful (Dual-Core with a total of 4Ghz; 2gb of Ram; Nvidia Gforce 8400GS) and when i installed for the first time Em4 on the PC it worked. BUT now, after 3 months, i try to launch the game but it mysteriously doesn't work!!!! :1046275923_scared:

what do you think about this? what's the problem???

pleae help me!!!! :1046276372_bawling:

Ivan

Try check if you're graphic drivers are still up to date and upload you're logfile.

How can i post the logfile???

you can find the logfile in the Emergency 4 folder. You can use the attachment function (underneath the type box) to browse to and upload the file. Then you can use the manage attachment function (above the upload button) to add the file to the message.

If you think that's to complicted you can also open the logfile and use CTRL+F to search for the word error. Copy and paste all error lines in your next message.

greetz,

ok but who can help me to check the error in the Logfile?

Found only one error:

ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required! |

This usually means you have to update your graphic drivers. You can check if you have the latest version on your manufacturers webiste.

greetz,

While updating your drivers, remove the vehio codecs (samsung pc studio, nimo codec pack, klite codec pack) this might cause the:

?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]

issue

hei guys!! unfortunately the problem is not resolved!!!! i have downloaded the driver but the problem persist..... so please, can you help me and explain a solution? :1046276372_bawling:

thanks

PS: sorry for my bad english

Stan, i have used the FIND option on my PC, but i didn't find any codec like Samsung pc video, klite and the other one of your list installed on my PC :1046275873_shakehead:

You are not very clear with what happens when you start emergency4.

Let's start with that shall we?

So tell me exactly what you see of what happens when you double click on the em4 icon en start em4.

hey guys, i have uninstalled k-lite codec pack from the PC (I had not noticed his presence) and now the game work!!!!

but is possible solve this problem?

because it is bad that every flies must uninstall the codec to play.....

Guest policemedicFF
No, the codec pack comes with a codec that replaces certain needed MPG codecs. As they will get modified the game will stop working.

Ok trying again, i installed windows XP from stratch, installed 911 fire responders again from stratch DL'ed it from the download site Atari offers ligit copy payed 29.00 USD i think. Downloaded the LA mod from here, could not DL the updated config file i keep getting a 404 error. Searched for all codecs and none found. the game crashes to desktop after playing a little while or freezes and i have to completely start the laptop from a hardreboot.

I have a Dell Gaming XPS laptop intel m 2.13 single cour, Nvida Geforce 6800 256mb up to date video card and drivers. updated directX. 2 gigs of ram. 250 gig external hard drive, 100 gig internal hard drive. attached are the dxdia and logfile. the only thing i see is the dynlight error.

First time i played after the reinstall was 13 minutes, second time was 64 minutes, third time was 22 mins and one 4 minute. all before either freezing or crashing.

I will pay someone to help me if i need to, this is a quest now to make this dang program work! It is more annoying now then anything that atari is unreachable. I hope some here can help...I have Yahoo messanger, AOL messanger, Myspace messanger. have a city email, yahoo email, AOL email....please someone help =( Thanks in advance if anyone can.

-Jimmy B.

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt

Ok trying again, i installed windows XP from stratch, installed 911 fire responders again from stratch DL'ed it from the download site Atari offers ligit copy payed 29.00 USD i think. Downloaded the LA mod from here, could not DL the updated config file i keep getting a 404 error. Searched for all codecs and none found. the game crashes to desktop after playing a little while or freezes and i have to completely start the laptop from a hardreboot.

I have a Dell Gaming XPS laptop intel m 2.13 single cour, Nvida Geforce 6800 256mb up to date video card and drivers. updated directX. 2 gigs of ram. 250 gig external hard drive, 100 gig internal hard drive. attached are the dxdia and logfile. the only thing i see is the dynlight error.

First time i played after the reinstall was 13 minutes, second time was 64 minutes, third time was 22 mins and one 4 minute. all before either freezing or crashing.

I will pay someone to help me if i need to, this is a quest now to make this dang program work! It is more annoying now then anything that atari is unreachable. I hope some here can help...I have Yahoo messanger, AOL messanger, Myspace messanger. have a city email, yahoo email, AOL email....please someone help =( Thanks in advance if anyone can.

-Jimmy B.

?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!

Update your graphic drivers, you can find the latest version on your manufacturers website

greetz,

updated all drivers for everything on the computer, that was before this last install.....

Then do you have codec software on your pc like K-lite or mobile phone software (e.g. samsung pc studio)?

hey guys, i have uninstalled k-lite codec pack from the PC (I had not noticed his presence) and now the game work!!!!

but is possible solve this problem?

because it is bad that every flies must uninstall the codec to play.....

If you ever need a Video codec again? The Best Codec software is "Combined Community Codec Pack"

Installs all the codecs you needs... Never once crash in game videos and also play the videos you have problems with other codec softwares. Its really smart too... When you run a video it comes On to help video. Then right off when video are done. Also if you have problems still it has setting you can turn off a codec... unlike others you can't turn off. But it setup what you should have on when installing.

http://www.cccp-project.net/