Newfoundking

My Book

I wasn't in much of a typing mood tonight so instead I decided to draw up what the ITDUS Uniforms will look like

Shown are class A and B for Mercer and Stein

They are pretty basic, the Battle dress is unisex, and is mainly in case of having to run and hide, or shoot something All enlisted get one... Mainly because all that gray and black just blends with everything else the Colorblind Inter terrestrials see :)

ITDUSA.jpg

Class A

ITDUSB.jpg

Class B

ITDUSBU.jpg

Battle Dress

Here we go, a bit of a cliff hanger!

Chapter VI

Family

When we get to my store, there is a sign in the window saying that the store is closed for lunch and that they will be back around 1:30. So I open the door to the store and go in to the back room. We each take some chicken and fries and go into the back room to eat.

“So, do you like the chicken?” I ask Heather, trying to make conversation.

“Oh yes, I haven’t had a real meal since we were moved into the Barracks.”

"Well I had to eat those for a week, and I hope to never eat them again!" I say. I figure small talk is getting us no where so I say "Well, I'm not sure if I can tell you this, but the ITDUS name I have is only fake, my real name is David Leone."

"David, I like that name." Heather says. “Well Heather isn't my name, it is actually Jillian Hedges. They told me not to tell anyone, but I guess you get to be the special exception"

Then I hear a noise coming down from upstairs.

“Hello, who’s there, we are closed, come back later.” Janie yells out.

“Janie, it’s me,” I yell out, “I got off work early, so I brought my friend from work, her name is Hea…”

“Jillian, my name is Jillian Hedges. I work with David. And you must me David’s Sister Janie…” She says

Jillian takes Janie into the back room where they talk and have food. Then I remember about Barry, he works for the ITDUS and probably will rat us out if he finds out about us. There is about 5 minutes before he should be back. I tell Jillian this, and she says good-bye to Janie.

“Well, Jillian do you have a car?” I ask as we go to my garage.

“Well no, I used to have one, but it was destroyed in the attacks.” Jillian tells me

“Well, I have a new car, and Janie isn’t old enough to drive, so do you want my car.”

She gives me a dumbstruck look. Then she says, “David, wow, I would love to have it! Thank you so much!” She runs up and gives me a great big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

She takes the keys and drives off.

“So, David, what was that?” Janie says from out of no where, “A car and a kiss?”

“Jeez Janie, I’m buying you a bell” I say, “I have a new car, and there is no need to have a old one too, and the kiss was just because she was really excited.

“Yeah, sure” Janie says with a sarcastic tone.

“Okay, new subject… Let’s see what’s on TV!” I say, quickly changing subjects.

“Shown is the aftermath of the first attacks on the White house by a sub-terrain being. Little has been released regarding this being, if any is known…”

“It sure is lucky you left when you did David.” Janie says,” The whole city is in ruins and you might’ve been dead.”

“Aw, Janie, don’t think about that… I wanted to leave, because there were some power surges and I wanted to beat traffic so I left” I really hate lying to her, after all she has been through, but it is for her own safety. “Hey, think of how luck we were that those cops were near by. If it wasn’t for them, we would have lost our home.”

“Yeah, but them having such big guns, isn’t that strange?” Janie asks.

The phone rings saving me some explaining, and when I answer I hear the same monotone voice as the last time the ITDUS called.

“Grab your family, anyone else, and get to the white house site right away, don’t delay.” Then the voice hangs up.

“Janie, get Hobo and Charlie now!” I shout “Quick!”

I grab my gun and my coat as Janie gets the pets. We run out of the house and towards the white house. When we are about half way across the street an inner-alien attacks Janie. I shoot it 12 times and then run to her. When I peel the corpse off of her I see her bloody face.

I didn’t want to believe it, but, I knew she was dead. I stop a cop car, and tell him to go to the white house now!

I put Janie in the back of the car, and I see her eyes twitch. She is still alive!

“Janie, Janie, don’t die, hold on, you’ll be okay. I love you.” I whisper to her in the back of the cop car.

“David… I can’t. I won’t be able to, I love you David” Janie whispers.

We pull up to the Medical tent and I bring her into the nearest doctor. He immediately rushes a group to try to save her. I am told to wait in the front of the tent while they help her.

Not as exciting as last chapter, but I figure you will enjoy it, regardless of what happens :)

Remember that everything in this story happens for a reason, so don't get upset at me for what I did :D

Chapter VII

Bad News

I am sitting there for only about three minutes, before the doctor who was trying to save her comes out.

“Dr. Mercer, I’m sorry, we did everything we could, but we couldn’t save her.” He says to me

At that point, I didn’t know what to say. I just wasn’t sure what was happening. The doctor finishes telling me about where she will be staying for an autopsy, and how long it will be until I receive her body to bury her.

“Excuse me, Dr. Mercer; there is a very important meeting at the white house site now for all Agents of the ITDUS.” A lady in uniform tells me. She doesn’t look to be ITDUS though; I think she is in the US Marines.

I head over to the tent where they are having the meeting. It looks as if they are just starting. The General is speaking, a big man, hard to miss, about 6’5” and Bald, plus he wears more medals and other accessories on his uniform than a rapper.

“As you already know, you are all here because of the attacks currently happening. We have been doing some testing over the past 4 days and we have just figured out how to tell when there will be an attack. We issued an alert to all ITDUS agents just in time. Unfortunately not all agents and their families could make it, as we were only able to get the warning out about 2 minutes before the attacks. Because of these attacks, it is not safe outside of the Military Zone, so we are asking that all families stay here while we brief you on the ITDUS. There is a need for all ITDUS personnel to report to their buildings in 20 minutes. Uniforms are not mandatory if you do not have yours with you. Any pets are to be brought with you if there are no family members of yours here. There will be a new starting hour of work. All ITDUS personnel are to report to work 20 minutes after dawn, and will return when you are finished. All families will be protected by the US army and ITDUS agents. The creatures prefer attacks during the night, as most of us are not expecting anything, so there will be a curfew brought into action as of today. At sunset, ITDUS agents will be patrolling protecting DC area.”

“Hey, What about now, its 1520, why are they attacking now?” One voice shouts out.

“Well, they are believed to attack during the day if they have very high numbers and there is a low expectancy of an attack. Currently there is an estimated 1.5 million in the DC area alone.”

Nervous chatter erupts and is quickly ended by gun fire from outside, this one much closer than the others outside of the base.

“Listen up, All ITDUS personnel report to the HUMVEE with your buildings number, all family stay here, you will be brought to a building for orientation.” The General says as he gets ready to leave the area.

I run through the crowds of people and smoke clouds to get to my vehicle with a White 42 written on it. I have Charlie‘s cage under my arm, and I have Hobo in my arms as I get in.

Jillian sitting there already, she must’ve been right by it.

“Hello, Sir,” She says keeping to the act we are putting on for the ITDUS “Why do you have your pets, shouldn’t your sister have those?”

“Well, she should, but…” I say, trying not to think about it.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She says as she hugs me

We drive past the Washington monument. I look and it looks beaten up and out of shape.

“What happened” I ask the soldiers.

“Well they were affected by the attacks, so it is being repaired; the foundation is being replaced.” The Soldier in the passenger seat says to me.

When we pull up to the building, one of the General’s main messengers is waiting for us.

“Commander, Doctor, we need a new serum right away. This is going to be used to secure the base walls at the MZ and the Emergency walls at the Navy yard.”

The messenger hands Jillian a folder as we walk into the building.

Inter-terrestrial Destruction

Of the

United States

Order: 300 Gallons.

Hydrogen 3, Carbon 1, Neon 4, Titanium 5

Foams after high pressure release, then hardens

Order to 1 Military Zone.

Due time: 1530h

Dial: 01 when completed

I walk in and turn on the machine and the computer while Jillian gets our lab coats. I grab the supply crates and read the contents. There is just enough to make the 300 gallons, so there isn’t much room for error.

I turn on the computers and the TV while Jillian activates the machine. The foaming chemical is not that hard to make, basically just going to have to add some expansion agents, so I get the on site supply and put them in the machine as well.

“The 300 gal. is going to need some heavy duty tankers to get this stuff there. But what can we use?” I ask Jillian.

“Well, there is the airport crash trucks, they aren’t used anymore, because all planes are basically grounded, except the ones at the Air base. Why don’t we get one of those?” Jillian says

“Okay, you continue making the foam, and I’ll call the ITDUS main and get them to bring one over.”

After another two hours of making this stuff, we are down to our last batch, and the crash truck is almost loaded.

I promised that I would have it up before too late, so here it is

Chapter VIII

The fall

The last batch finishes up, and Jillian noticed something on TV, it’s the General briefing the country.

I reach over and turn it up, it’s just starting.

“… And we are fighting against what is attacking us. In most countries the elected leaders have been assassinated, so the top Generals have taken over. The United States is taking this position as well, with the President, Vice President and most senators, as well as Governors killed. All Military Zones are only allowing authorized personnel and any intruders will be shot. ..”

At then end of the word shot, the camera swings towards a man in a red bandana, who opens fire with an AK-47. He, as well as 3 other men open fire on everyone and everything, many people drop to the ground, after being shot, including the General.

The gun fire stops quite quickly, after the many agents, and soldiers shoot the three men down, and kill them. The camera then focuses on the platform, where medics take the general off to an ambulance.

I know who those men are. The red bandanas, they are terrorists, the same ones from 9/11. I run to the door, lock it with the bolt and order Jillian to shut the window protectors.

As soon as we are bolted up, I get a phone call. I cautiously pick up.

“Building 42, Commanding Dr. Leone” I say into the receiver.

“Commander, we ask that you and your staff stay away form the building 25, and that you lock up the doors and windows. We are unsure of the numbers of the terrorists, but we are sure where they are located. We have decided that there will be a coordinated attack launched now. We will call when it is safe to leave.” The voice tells me, I think this might be then General’s secretary, Lt. J. Eva.

We look through the safety hatch towards Building 25, a tall narrow building.

“10-9-8-7…” A voice calls out; I think that this might be a launch. “2-1…” A missile peaks its head out as it takes off into the distance.

*Ding.* The pump is now empty, and the phone rings again.

I answer it as usual, but am cut off, “You are clear to leave the building; MPs will take care of the truck.” It is the same voice again this time.

Jillian goes and puts her stuff away and I take my case, and then I think.

“Hey…Ji” I stop myself, “Heather, look, it isn’t safe out there, and there is probably more of these terrorist scum around. I want you to stay with me, because you are all I really have left. I don’t want to lose you too.” I say

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll come stay with you, I don’t want to lose you either.” She says, after hugging me.

The ride home wouldn’t be safe anywhere else, with the scum, and the aliens crawling around. I decide to take the MZ the whole way home, right until my house. When I get up, I drive right into the garage, and lock the doors. We go upstairs to my apartment, and then sit in the living room.

Jillian turns on the news when we sit down.

“Since the subterrain explosions, the Taliban have been plotting attacks against our weak points, and it has just been confirmed, that other than the ones that have killed the General, there is a high possibility of others.

The Taliban were almost destroyed, when there main base in Afghanistan was destroyed. After the troops pulled out to head to America, the Taliban have moved most forces to Baghdad.

Because of the death of the General of New York, DC, and The General of The Army, the entire country has been devastated as the next ranking General attempts to take control of this attack.”

Jillian turns off the TV, and looks me in the eye. “Dave, we don’t need to watch this, I really don’t think that this is helping at all. How about we forget all about this, and just… have some fun?” She says

Right as she puts the remote down, I hear shouting in some weird language I haven’t heard before. I tell her to get back, and I get my gun ready. Looking through the peephole and see a couple of men wearing red head bands, and carrying bulges in their trench coats.

“Run, get to the window now, and call for help, we need to get out of here! Now!” I say quietly, but yelling at the same time. I tell Hobo to go, and grab the Bird Cage, while we head out the window…

The garage was locked up safe, so I get in my truck and drive as fast as I can away from there. Jillian calls the base.

She explains that there is a bomber in the building, and where it is too. I drive into the base and then just stop off the road by the Vehicle lot.

“I take the phone. Listen, you get every resource in that army of yours and get it in there, there are people inside, as well as red banned terrorists, you have ten minutes, then I am going in there.” I hang up the phone then.

About 6 truck loads of soldiers and too many police cars to count speed past the lot to my house.

Now I am ready to let them go, I look at the clock, they now have 5 minutes. I didn’t like the attitude I was given.

okay, I have hit a slump, and Am not really wanting to type anymore of this book today... but I do have some exciting news... I have just finished book 4! I also was throwing out recycling some old papers from last year, and I discovered my first written book, based on a dream I had, called William Manor.. Thats the name of the book BTW not my dream :P I figured I would tell you, though its not too exciting, and its only maybe 100 pgs long.. .Also on that note... I guess I will tell you a bit about that book too. It follows the life of Special Agent Will Tucker, who works witha federal police force(like FBI, NCIS, ATF....etc) and when he goes away on vacation over the long weekend, he discovers that a legend about what really happened there 13 years ago is true... thats really all I can say about that

Bad news, and good news... I have another chapter ready... thats the good, the bad is tha the others are not on my computer anymore, so I need to recover them first, thats my major worry, then I will worry about the next chapter... If there is anyone that wants to read the next chapter now however, please post and inform me, and I'll put it up, but can't garuntee spelling etc...

How did you lose the files? That must suck - I hate losing files. I'm sure everyone can wait till you have sorted out your issues :)

Oh come on! Why is there more votes for life? Death always makes a better read (or you know, maybe people just arn't sadistic lol)

lol

I had something impotant in my computer fry, but I haven't been able to see it because everything looks the same as before, so the autopsy has been a slow painful process of trying each piece until it works.... I still have the paper copy in my book binder, along with the other 4 books. I didn't lose the files completely becuase it is still on my hdd, but its on the same one that windows is installed. I need to take apart this computer, and switch up the the hdd, then I'll go and get my files. But I still have all the chapters that I typed up here :)

Chapter 9 is still in my paper book, so it's only a matter of typing it up here, then posting. Since this is only IE7, there is no spell check so I can't guaruntee correct spelling, but it should be pretty legible :)

If I get some time after I shovel (snow storm now !) and eat, then I'll out in the next chapter...

Ps just to let you know about the life/death thing...

as for the character it was, it was Jillian, in the fourth book, I stopped, and choose whether the event that would take place would be fatal, or just severe.. it was just severe, so she lives until book five... now as for that, it was also another character, that you have already met, that poll actually decided the whole setting of book 5 as well as the end of book 4, and it had nothing to do with Jillian.

well, I must shovel before the plow comes

Laptop is working, not my desktop, but I will have the story up unless something comes up tonight

Okay that was what, 3 weeks ago? well either way I owe you guys a chapter, don't I?

Well Here is goes

Chapter 9

One of Jillian's talents is to convince me to listen to her. Well because of this, I do as she says, and wait for the army to take care of this, however, I am not liking their track record.

"Look, David, the army gave me a place to stay, it's on base, so it isn't very big, but it's a place to wait it out, at least until the army acn do something." Jillian says to me.

"Look, it's not that my house is going, but it's whats in there. My only memories of Janie, and how life was before all this had to happen and screw up the world as we know it." I reply, very calmly, considering my situation.

We pull out of the lot, and I turn towards the military housing just outside of the main complex, and just as my luck has been going the past month, an MP pulls us over.

"Excuse me sir, this doesn't look much like a vehicle that belongs here, and with those taliban threatening to blow up another building, I'm going to have to ask you to show me some ID." The MP says to me.

I don't know what snaped in me, but he caused me to flip when he said that. "Look, incase you couldn't tell, this is an ITDUS truck, in here is an ITDUS agent, my pets and what belongings I could grab before having to leave the building that means absolutely nothing to you, but is currently the taliban's heart in america."

At That point, I roll up the window, and drive into the space for Jillian's apartment. The MP seemed more occupied with the terrorist HQ in the Nation's capitol, so I figured we'd be okay.

We are sat down in her living room, watching the news, when the reporter says this, " Okay, and apparently we have just received notice that either we pull out now, or they will set off a bomb big enough to kill mostly everyone in the area. Because of this, the police have ordered us back another 5 blocks, as they prepare to enter..."

"How stupid can they be to announce the tactical plans on national TV, I'm sure someone there can speak english and they are going to kill everyone there, I have to go and see what I can save out of this mess that is left." I say with hatred boiling.

" David, wait. You can't what happens if they kill you?" Jillian shouts to me.

I stop, and think. "Well either way we are going to die, at least this way I get a chance to live."

Jillian grabs my arm, and pulls me to face her. "If you are doing this, I'm comng, and..." She pulls me in and gives me the most passionate kiss in my life, it is too amazzing to describe in words.

We grab out coats, and I take my gun, and vest, and then we get in my truck, as I drive faster, and more wreckless than ever before down the MZ main road. After two minutes of driving at close to 100 mph we pull up to the police barricade.

"Jillian I need you to trut me" As I say this, I pull her in and give her one last kiss. Then I get out of the truck, and jump the barricade and make a run for it to the building. I know this building better than any other building in the world. I layed it out, planning 5 hidden exits/entrances to each floor, incase I ever need to get out secretly.

By the garage is a hidden window, which leads to under the service stairwell, all I have to do is get in there, and I am past that. The Army is afraid to enter, because they know if they do, they'll blow it to hell. The window is a tight squeeze, but I manage to pull through, then I see it. There is a bomb, that appears to have on trip wire running to the garage door, and the other wire running to the circuit board. It appears to be wired into the bulding's power supply. I am no expert in IEDs so I figure leave this for later, and I'll worry about the moving threat for now.

I have 2 full clips and one clip with 5 rounds left. From what I know, they are armed, and apparently there are only 10 here, which means, if my aim is good enough, and I can kill them in a shot or two, I should be good. Then I see a shadow, and here footsteps. It only sounds like one man though.

He turns up around the corner and sees me, and doesn't know what to do. I do a quick search for a kill switch, then run up and take a swing at his temple with the barrel of my gun. He drops down, and isn't breathing. Wow, that was easy, didn't even need to shoot him.

Then I hear it, two men screaming at the top of their lungs in what I belive is arabic. I turn the corner and see them running, so I run up the staircase, becuase their guns look bigger and faster shooting than mine. This doorway on the second floor will lead me to the hallway which goes across from my apartment and the vacant one across from me. Yet one more armed gunman is awaiting me.

I have only shot this gun three times, and that was during a quick training. I figure now is probably the best time to get a real shot in, before he turns around and shoots me.

*Bang!* The gun recoil frightens me, and the noise in the hallway makes my ears ring, but I thnk I got him right in the head. He drops to his knees and then falls on his face.

The sound of automatic gunfire rings throughout the small stairwell, and I look down. I fire off the four remaining rounds at the moving bodies coming up the stairs. Then silence. I take a look and they are both down, so I reload quickly, which is a lot tougher than it looks on TV.

I run down the hall, checking only my door to see if it is locked, before running up the main stairwell to the floor where my tenants live. There was a man with his nephew up there when I checked earlier, so hopefully I can get to them before its to late.

I killed 3 so I am expecting maybe 6 up here. When I look through the window of the door to the hallway, I seen a man wearing a red bandana on his head. Taking my chances, still on my adrenaline rush, I elect to take a clean shot, point blank at his head. And to my luck, he drops without a firery explosion, only a lead one. As soon as he was shot, they opened fire on the door, and I panicked.

I reach around and fire a few blind shots into the hall, with not much sucess, I hear no one die, only scream in pain. A man runs out to kill me and before I even think, I pull the trigger, 3 times. Two of those three times, get a bullet to come out and enter him, the last one give the empty firing pin click.

With no time to reload, I grab his much heavier AK-47 and storm the hallway. With 2 men in there, they don't know what to think when they see me. One stands looking quite stunned, and the other shoots at me, hitting me in the left arm once. I return fire, and after about 10 bullets, hit him enough to take him out. Automatic guns are even worse the semi automatic.

"You, drop it!" I scream at the other terrorist, who is only holding a pistol, and following the rules of the bigger gun, he drops it.

"Don't kill me!, please, I am only a young boy. There is one dead in that apartment, the rest are raiding the store trying how to get downstairs." He pleads to me.

"Okay, I still don't trust you, because you are a terrorist pig, so stay here." I tell him as I cuff him to the service stairwell railing.

I run down the main stairs, expecting to die in the final fight, but to my surprise I hear glass shatter and two more shots from what i think is a sniper rifle. I call the Commander for emergency response squads, who is a friend of mine, and ask what is going on.

"Okay, David, walk out, with your ands up to the window and climb out, they'll clear up wht bombs, and you'll be able to get in after medical treatment"

I raise my hands and slowly climb out the window to a army ambulance, where they treat me for my wound. I notice my truck parked over by the police cars, then I see Jillian.

"You're okay, thank God!" She says as she runs up to hug me. Then she sees my arm and smacks me. "See I told you you'd be shot!"

We spend the next hour explaining everything to the police, the commanders, and everyone else. Then I get a phone call

"Yeah, Leone" I answer it

"David Leone? This is the General, first of all, what the hell where you thinking, secondly, whatever it was, keep it up, thirdly, get to the General's meeting area, so I can thank you and breif you, along with the world on what is going to happen next" Then he hung up

The General never seemed very talkative, and I don't blame him. I really couldn't care less what happened now, my house and my girlfriend were safe.

Stay tuned to see the irony in that statement! Gotta love irony!

Author's note: if this seems a little off from the usual, its becaus eI had to rewrite this chatper becuase the paper one destroyed the building, which is needed in book 2, so it can't be destroyed, and I got some bad news about some friends today, so I'm a little off

I'm glad someone pointed that out, I wouldn't hav enoticed it, I typed it all up in the reply box, so I didn't get to use spell check or anything, because I don't have all my things transfered to my current computer.

Thanks for pointing that out, just as a little thing, if there is anything you cant make sense of, just let me know and I'll explain it/make spelling corrections!

okay I just spent the past hour and a half typing up the next chapter, and guess what?

the bloody IE went bac a page, and lost it all... I'm pissed as hell, so unless someone has a way for me to get it back, you wont be seeing chapter 10 for about a week(sorry but can't do that again, wont be as good, gotta wait a little while)

Okay, I owe you a chapter... the only reason I don't have it up yet is the fact about 4 days after the post before lost my computer... This was a result of a motherboard frying.. I recently received a new computer last night, so I am going to present chatper __ now(cant remember the number)

Chapter 10

When I pull up to the entrance of the military zone, I am waved through, which is strange, as usually I am stopped and checked. Oh well. There seems to be quite the crowd of civilian cars around, especially news vans... This must be something big.

The generals Building is building 1 and is quite the large building for three offices, the main office, and a lobby, because it's only him, the ITDUS Chief, and the ITDUS Research Commander.

When I pull into the small lot in front of the building, I am made to show Identification, and after almost being denyed entry, I hear the General's voice on the radio again;

"Corporal Johnson, let Dr. Merer in right now! Thats a direct order"

The corporal starts to turn a bit red in the cheeks, before giving me a glare, and motioning for me to continue in.

When I walk in I see a small lobby, with one reception desk, 3 Receptionist, a small guard post to my right, then 2 single doors, bathroom doors, and 2 sets of double doors, one on the wall to my left, and one to the wall opposite me.

"Dr. Mercer, please go into the General's office right now, he needs to see you ASAP" A lady's voice calls out to me. I look up to see it is a lieutenant, about 27 years old giving me these instructions.

When I walk in, I see an empty desk, and two rooms, one with doors, and the other a small narrow hallway like room with a door leading to the left side of the building.

"Ah, Dr. Mercer, or should I said Leone. David, I called you in, for two reasons. The first being that I want to thank you for what you have done, America wants to thank you. Without any formal military training, and even without a team, you single handedly took out America's second biggest threat. Thank you once again."

Astounded to be receiving both personal thanks from the country's leader, as well as being refered to something other than my codename on base I can utter no other words except, "Thank-you, sir."

"Dr. Leone, the other reason you are hear is because there is going to be a major change to take place, I will explain it entirely after this in the meeting room to the left, but until then, I just want you to get Heather Stein, and as much information on this as you can at the meeting next room, because we need you to develop a certain substance to counter-act the deep-freeze."

"What Deep-freeze" I demand, "Are you planning on freezing us out."

"Dr. Mercer, clam down, Call Ms. Stein, and tell her to get on base as soon as possible, and if you want more information go to the meeting room next door. Now excuse me, but I have to leave"

I walk out, and call Jillian on my phone, telling her to get on base, we need to work, and to turn on her radio on the way over.

I walk into the already started conference, and there are about 150 reporters and even more military brass and protection in the room. I didn't even know this room exsisted, but this explains the building's size.

"...Although the taliban has lost it's leaders, and is believed to be all gone, there is still a major threat to us, which are these creatures roaming our planet. At a recent joint leaders meeting held in DC, in lieu of the destruction of most of New York City, it has been decided to launch a special action plan idue to recent discoveries made in the MZ right here in DC. We have identified three main weaknesses in the creatures, those being blinking light patterns, which seems to trigger some sort of brain process overload, similar to epilepsy, which makes this void as a suggestion for rescue. Another way was to remove the head, which, like humans, contains the main center of control, the brain. This is possible, but very impractical, and extremely dangerous. Which leaves the last option, which is to act upon ther extreme reaction to sub-zero celsius temperatures. This has been decided as the most likely action, and has a plan for it. Special chemicals have been brought to both poles, and will be released at 1700H GMT to create a sudden vaporization of the ice, causing a blockage of UV rays, making it near impossible for any of these creaetures to survive at 1713H GMT the temperature will drop almost everywhere to sub zero. Aid workers will be available to assist during this state of emergency, but everyone is to stay indoors until after the emergency state globally has been lifted. At this point, a chemical will be released to activate a heating of all known species, with another strand embedded to cause quick rot of any of those creatures' lungs that inhales this chemical. Within a week from today, people will be back to normal life, and life will return to normal, as planned"

I walk out the door as he finishes, and all that I hear is a brash of questions flying from reporters to the general, I see Jillian stood in the doorway.

"I heard it all on the speakers, is this what this is all about?" She asks me

"Yes, it is" are the only words I can spit out, because I have to watch helplessly as my planet is forever cahnged.

"Oh my--" Jillian says

"Excuse me, Dr. Mercer, Ms. Stein I beleive?"Lieutenant Eva says

"Yes" we answer in sync

"Go home, and return to the base tomorrow at 0700h, until then it is unsafe, we cannot have anyone on base" lieutenant Eva tells us

I walk out to my car, and I drive us home, Jillian must've walked, because her car isn't here.

The special clock set to GMT reads 1700H, and the newscaster reveals to us the agent has been released, thirteen minutes left.

I look at Jillian, for what I know maybe be the last time I ever do, and kiss her, with the most passionate kiss I have ever had. She looks me in the eye, then closes her eyes, and cuddles into me closer. I bring Hobo closer to me, and he starts to fidget, but I hold him tight. Charlie is nestled in the crevase between me and Jillian.

The clock now reads 1712. One minute until the dawn of everlasting winter. I hug Jillian one last time, kiss her and closer my eyes tight.

The ground shakes, and the wind blows harder then I have ver heard before. The mug on the table by the window shatters as my steaming hot coffee instantly freezes. Then comes the shrill screams of death

That concludes the first book, I do beleive... if you want to ask any questions now is your chance...

I can write an EmP exclusive author's note if you would really like, that explains the reasoning behind the first book.

Signed,

DWJ Burke

March 19th. 2009

does what repeat twice :s

EDIT OIMG, woops, double post in one post!

lol fixed!

And as for the publishing, in a while, I will probably redo it into a second darft and send it out not publicly but to some publishing companies... But until I get a contract telling me I cannpt send out anymore public darfts, I will keep supplying first drafts to Emergency-Planet!

Well, I said I would probably do it, and I think I might..

This will be an explanation of the first book, and why everything happened as it did, straight from the thought of this..

Well to start from the start, it all began when I went to see I am legend. That got me thinking; wouldn’t it be cool to write a post apocalyptic book? But then I thought to myself no that would be to hard, I don’t even know what to do.

Over the next week, I wrote a book about a dream I had, and it seemed okay. Then that night, it hit me in a dream, what to write about. I then got up the next morning and wrote the first chapter to what is now book three. This was intended to be one book and one book only, but I got to the end of it, and realised I really liked writing books.

I developed a whole 5 part story in my head over the next 4 days, and decided to write book one. This was originally supposed to be a draft to compliment my other book, in part with book 2, and it became that. Then I released a chapter or two on to EmP. This came quite well. From there, it can all be seen.

The Characters were chosen very carefully, and I might rename one or two soon. I chose David Leone, because his first name is the same as my given one, and Leone was because we were studying the Mafia, and it reminded me of GTA III and Salvatore Leone, and his Mafia. Jillian Hedges was picked because “J” names always came easier to me, and Jillian was a girl’s name, and I chose Hedges because I noticed the hedge surrounding the house out the window when I invented her character. Little did I know I would soon date a Jillian Hedges (not the same one that is the first result when you Google her either!) Needless to say the two characters became very similar as we dated. I will probably change that name later though, for obvious reasons. The two “code names” I made for the characters were based off compilations of people I was talking to at the time. David Leone became William Mercer, mainly because of the family ties both those names have to me.

I have been working meticulously at the final book, book 5, which will lead me to the end of the series, and on to other thoughts. I have written a total of 5 books now, those being, my very first, and the first 4 parts of “The Outline Part.” I am currently finishing the final part, and also starting on a separate book, which is in the basic thought processes, which basically means writing 1-2 pages for each chapter of the main body of the book, then re-reading, and doing up the outline.

To clue up I will tell you, that I have many more plans for this book, which includes 2 more chapters at the beginning of the book, to explain everything I tried to fit in before the explosion, as well as an extension to the final chapter, giving space between the speech and the freeze.

Now you might want to know why this book is called the outline part, right? Well guess what, you will have to read the rest of them, and then if you haven’t figured it out, I will tell you in the Authors note of book 5.

PS... Sorry for the double post, but I asked someone to put a post in so it wouldn't be a double post, I guess they didn't make it... Oh well, I think special rules can apply to this topic, which are I can double post, if it is a new chapter... I don't think I will be prosecuted for that :1046276057_GroupHug:

watch out for copyright infringement; in Dead Space theres a Dr. Challus Mercer who's a crazy Unitologist and basically the main antagonist throughout the game (until the end of Chapter 10 when he lets himself be "transformed into the child of humanity and gaze upon the face of God.")

Well As for the I am legend, that's probably because it's really the only end of world movie like this that has been out recently..

As for the infringement... I chose Mercer, because it's a family name, I think I'm allowed to use my own family name in a book (not meant toward you, but anyone who tries to get me for infringement)

However, if either of you want to discuss this more, or expand, please feel free.. I am out of new chapters for a while, while I work on two new beginning chapters for this, and some editing in it.