Guest antivrx

911 First Reponders Lag to Hell

Guest antivrx

I hope to god this forum is still active. I love this game, and I really want to play it. The game is lagging to damned hell on this machine, it lagged on my other machines too. Both machines are overkill, one has an AMD duel core 6400+, another had an AMD turion 64. Graphics cards are Nvidia both, and are both overkill as well. Can you guys please help me, if you'r still there, to make this game run golden? thank you very much.

I hope to god this forum is still active. I love this game, and I really want to play it. The game is lagging to damned hell on this machine, it lagged on my other machines too. Both machines are overkill, one has an AMD duel core 6400+, another had an AMD turion 64. Graphics cards are Nvidia both, and are both overkill as well. Can you guys please help me, if you'r still there, to make this game run golden? thank you very much.

You need to post your DXdiag file (start --> run --> type 'DXdiag' and push enter) so we can see ram, graphic drivers etc.

-Really glad to see there are still active people with this game :)

Display Memory: 256.0 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

You might want to raise yor display memory. Mine is at 1500 MB at the moment.

Furthermore:

Are your graphic drivers up to date?

Have you tried defragging your hard drive?

greetz,

Thijs

Guest antivrx

First off, It's really hard to upgrade video ram. Even moreso on a laptop.

Secondly, the HDD was recently formated, and if the disk needed to be fragmented, every other game would need to be slow as well.

The game now plays at 30 frames per second on my high-end computer, running an 8800 GTX graphics card, a 2.6 ghz AMD duel core, and 2 gigs of ram. I had to turn off every optimization and driver-side option for video, and disable duel-screen mode, but at least it is playable...

The video drivers are up to date, if a year late is "up to date". They are proprietary HP drivers for an Nvidia 6150. Kinda hard to upgrade when HP couldn't care less about it :X

Well, the first trick is to set Emergency details all from high to medium, as Emergency has some problems with the "High" settings.

Also the game is laggy... I'm playing on a Core 2 Duo 6300 and a Radeon 1950, 1 GB RAM and still have the problem that the game sometimes keep lagging around at about 10 to 15 fps... this is just the halfbaked Emergency game engine...

PS: You mess up Video RAM and "usual" RAM. 256 MB is good for Video RAM, and 2 GB of RAM should be far enough :)

First of all this laptop is not made for gaming, the pavillion range is made for home & office use. This wouldnt even be a problem if your system would have the whole hardware requirements.

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

HP Pavilion dv2000 (RD140AV)

AMD Turion™ 64 , MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

958MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

In my eyes your RAM is not enough, XP uses a part of it, your video card uses a part of it, the running back ground programs use a part of it along with this it's a laptop. I'm quite sure that as soon you launch the game, your laptop is out of RAM.

Even thought it's possible to play it, I don't expect it to be stable as hell.

Please post your logfile, or check for yourself for disabled graphic fuctions.

Guest antivrx
Cortex Command 2008, 09:26 AM' post='38795']

First of all this laptop is not made for gaming, the pavillion range is made for home & office use. This wouldnt even be a problem if your system would have the whole hardware requirements.

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)

HP Pavilion dv2000 (RD140AV)

AMD Turion 64 , MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

958MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

In my eyes your RAM is not enough, XP uses a part of it, your video card uses a part of it, the running back ground programs use a part of it along with this it's a laptop. I'm quite sure that as soon you launch the game, your laptop is out of RAM.

Even thought it's possible to play it, I don't expect it to be stable as hell.

Please post your logfile, or check for yourself for disabled graphic fuctions.

I've disabled all the graphics options. I've already taken all of you guy's suggestions into account, exept the actual game engine. If it's true that the game engine is indeed, a POS, then maby there's nothing i can really do. I've already disabled all the graphics options.

As for running out of ram, this computer can play Cortex Command and Counter Strike Source just fine. Cortex Command is basically a black hole of ram and computer proccessing.

I'm sure that the RAM is enough. I play EM4 Deluxe on a pc with 512 mb ram and it works great.

I'm sure that the RAM is enough. I play EM4 Deluxe on a pc with 512 mb ram and it works great.

You just sayd it: A pc not a laptop. The RAM in a laptop is mostly shared with the video card meaning it is no real 512mb once you launch the game.

Yeah, but he has

Memory: 958MB

without the VIDEO RAM, so this should be enough, I think...

Have you already disabled every non-required programm running in the background, like Antivirus, Firewall, ICQ, MSN or whatever...

But, in fact, the Emergency engine is a pain in the ass when it comes to performance, so maybe you're just fucked up :)