Guest Dom911

More US vehs......

Im sure the topic has been brought up in past, but i cannot find it.

I respect every modder, mapper, and the time and effort they put into their mods or models.

My question is: how come not many US mods or vehicles are available?

Dont get me wrong I like all mods that are available, but I enjoy watching and hearing the US type engines roll out.

I know mods and moddeling are very time consuming but just asking.

i am currently in the process of making a mod about the American TV Show, Emergency. will feature about 5-6 different fire trucks form the 60's and 70's. almost out with beta version. :D

sounds good, cant wait to see it.

I think theres a mod like this for E3

I think the reason none are released is because its not just having the vehicles... You need to add content for there to be a "mod" too, the reason I haven't released my mod is because I still have alot of work to do with it still... But i'm still at stage 1, trying to create the vehicles / personnel. there are various stages that need to be done.

1. new models or skins

2.new commands / scripts

3.editing / creating new missions / freeplay, etc

4. publicizing the mod and creating a package for download

Guest Oliwerko
I think the reason none are released is because its not just having the vehicles... You need to add content for there to be a "mod" too, the reason I haven't released my mod is because I still have alot of work to do with it still... But i'm still at stage 1, trying to create the vehicles / personnel. there are various stages that need to be done.

1. new models or skins

2.new commands / scripts

3.editing / creating new missions / freeplay, etc

4. publicizing the mod and creating a package for download

I think a "mod" does not necessarily need to be a complete one, just imagine LA mod without missions - it would still be all right.

I think new vehicles/personell is enough for a mod. Of course you must add a lot of them to make it interesting. And the fourth point is like two minutes or so...

I think a "mod" does not necessarily need to be a complete one, just imagine LA mod without missions - it would still be all right.

I think new vehicles/personell is enough for a mod. Of course you must add a lot of them to make it interesting. And the fourth point is like two minutes or so...

exactly, no new missions, just different engines, pumpers, police and such what US firefighters and Police use.

its not that easy... with that you talking about deleting all vehicles.. and makeing new ones... hoppah may do it faster than others but thats why alot of mods are still on hold.. it takes time makeing scripting those vehicles... also tools to carry.. patrol if it has it.. many many many many things

Making the models is fairly simple to be honest, but at the end of the day without some new scripts, that is all they would be are new toys, same deal with personnel, they'd just be reskins of the default retasked for something else.. In the end to me that kind of detracts from it being a mod, it should at least include some unique attributes to the vehicles and personnel in V1, obviously if you want to have an evolving mod you can hold off on the really time consuming stuff like a new freeplay map and missions. I do not know how most of you feel when it comes to this, but from the games I came from making a new model and reskinning it is all I did, and I did plenty of it so I just don't like that avenue. The fire Apparatus and Medical Apparatus does have plenty of room for "new" ones (though most of them I found look pretty similar overall). Police vehicles are fairly limited, unfortunately in the US, most agencies use the same exact vehicles, the typical Vics are everywhere, the Impala is getting pretty commonplace, and some agencies picked up the dodges, the SUV range there is still some room for them but at the end of the day there really are not too many they commonly use. A few use Humvees but it is rare, a few use the Excursion, but it is fairly rare. Unless you wanna mix-match old school with new ones which may not be in service, removing total accuracy from the respective mods you really don't have a huge selection in the PD dept.

take care