Guest Oliwerko

Lights, camera commands and so on

Guest Oliwerko

Hi there,

So I decided to learn scripting, and it goes me somewhat easier than I expected. However, there are areas that are completely strange to me.

1. I want to park a car that will have all blinkers flashing.

I guess this can't be done through editor and has to be scripted.

What are commands for switching the vehicle lights on and off?

2. Camera controls

From Hoppah's fourth mission I can see this section:

Vector pos;

Camera::FollowTarget(&mBus, pos, true);

Camera::LookAtTarget(&mBus, true, 0.0f, 1.0f);

Camera::Rotate(10000, 0, 0, 7);

Which I dont understand is the vector?

What does it mean? How it is used? It is mentioned only once in the script.

Also this one confuses me:

Camera::StartTransition(NAME_CS1_TRANSITION, TIME_CS2);

The NAME_CS1_TRANSITION is defined as a const char with name of cs1, but thats all. I just cant guess how is this function used.

3. I want this to happen:

An intact car crashes into another intact car. Then, both of them will kinda "transform" to sliceable wrecks with persons enclosed, and one of them will be thrown away a few meters by the other one. One of them will then start smoking and after a while burning....

Is this possible? If so, how?

I am really sorry if my questions are stupid/too long/whatever, but I have no other place to ask.

Thank you veeeery much!

Guest Oliwerko

Oh, I just found out how the transition thing works.

No one knows the other things?

Is it possible to zoom the camera using ZoomIn or ZoomInTo commands? I was unsuccesful using both of these.

1. From LAWarningLights.script:

Vehicle v(Caller);
v.EnableBlinker(BLT_BOTH);
v.EnableBlinker(BLT_NONE);

2. I copied the code from another script. It looks at and follows the target. The camera rotates slowly. Mostly used in cutscenes. It's also used in the first cutscene of LA mod mission 3 (where a patrol car is being followed). I can't remember what those values mean, you should test it when you want to use the codes.

I don't know anything about 'zoom in/out' codes yet. You'll probably have problems with zoom limits.

Hoppah

Guest Oliwerko

Thanks for help.

Acutally, I managed to get that camera under control.

Apparently the pos vector in the Camera::FollowTarget(&mBus, pos, true); command plays no role, because we do not have its position.

I tried the zoom commands and none of them made any effect. It is probably the limits. I wonder if there is any way to zoom in more like in editor?

And that blinker script - yeah, I have seen it many times coded like this and I copied it, but I just dont get the effect, only if I load the car onto a tow truck and then unload it, it has flashing blinkers. Maybe the fact that the vehicle is a civil vehicle may cause trouble. I dont know.