Guest joe29483

ALS FIRE ENGINES

Guest joe29483

In some parts of my state we have ALS fire engines. So in MP free play I have paramedics as a part of the crew on the two main pumpers. It all works fine until I want to place them back into the unit. It will let all my other crew member to get back in except for my medics. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

What's an ALS Fire Engine?

Are you talking about the LA Mod?

:)

Hi Hoppah,

ALS stands for Advanced Life Support and in many parts of the United States, sometimes 1 or 2 of the firefighters on the Engine are trained to Paramedic level. Since most of the runs are medical in nature this allows for quicker ALS care and the ability to handle additional patients on scene. The only difference between an ALS and a BLS engine is that they carry additional medical equipment such as a drug box for the paramedics.

And sorry Joe, no idea how to achieve what you want but maybe this will help hoppah and others to figure out a solution for you.

Mike

Guest joe29483

This issue is for the LA Mod. There must be something in the xml files that I am looking over? When you create a new unit in the game how do you select what people can go into them. I have no problems adding them as a crew, it's just when they get out of the unit, they will not go back in.

Guest Firefighter21213

I live in pennsylvania,im a vol firefighter and we also use ALS fire engines,Not our company in particular,we got 2 squads,However mutual aid companies do use engines as EMS,untill paramedics or a ambulance arrives..however for your problem with the units,im working on a simular problem,and if you cant fix it and i somehow do,i'll post back...

Guest joe29483
I live in pennsylvania,im a vol firefighter and we also use ALS fire engines,Not our company in particular,we got 2 squads,However mutual aid companies do use engines as EMS,untill paramedics or a ambulance arrives..however for your problem with the units,im working on a simular problem,and if you cant fix it and i somehow do,i'll post back...

Thanks FF ! When you add a new unit into the game do you have to do anything special to let people get back into there units?

Guest Firefighter21213
Thanks FF ! When you add a new unit into the game do you have to do anything special to let people get back into there units?

Honestly from me on a "new Model" i have no idea..However if you have that problem with a already but edited unit,make sure you have the passengers\transports in the vehicles traits edited...If you got that then make sure the person unit you have in the vehicle is one able to use it,meaning fireman to fire truck,if you recreated a police car as a fire truck then you have to make sure the firefighters can use it....i had this problem awhile back,get 2 guys dispatched with the unit but then cant reuse the guys..i had to go back and change the "task force vehicle type" in the traits of the vehicle...sounds simple i know but sometimes you over look something so easy..if you have both but still have problems,then someone who is more skilled will have to help ya,all i do is edit things for my own taste haha....sorry i couldnt be of more help,but make sure you got them 2 things,then check and make sure the people you got are able to use its type...

Guest Firefighter21213
You mean a pre-placed vehicle? So a vehicle that is on the map right after loading?

Im not sure what he's asking i been waiting to a responce but he hasnt got on,lol...For me I had to mess with a few things when i dispatched the unit,I was working on the als engine myself,but im creatin a mod so thats where all my works gone...He musta fixed it or something..Just thought id come in here and say something though haha...hey if you fixed your problem let us know,i wanna know what ya did,lol....