Guest Shikao

Emergency 3 with Gametap Help

Is there a tutorial on how to use the editor? Because I would really like to make my own missions.

And would it make any difference with Gametap?

Basicly using the editor and making missions are two separte things. You can learn how to use the editor without any knowledge of scripting what so ever. There is even a written tutorial added to the game (start --> programs --> emergency 3--> editor manual). It teaches you how to choose a map underground, how to place buildings, lay down paths etc.

The skills you learn in this tutorial, you can use to modify the already existing maps (both the standard ones and the ones included in the mods).

If you want to learn to make missions you need a whole other set of skills besides working with the editor. You need to be able to script, change files and data, use photoshop (to make map undergrounds) and if you want to make your own vehicles you need to be able to use Z-modeler (tutorial is available on this site). Furthermore you need to know exactly what files you need to create, adapt and overwrite in order for you to make new missions. I explained it a couple of times on this forum already, if you use the search function and type EM3 editor, I think you will come across the list of files you need to adapt.

good luck,

Thijs