james23222000

How do you do the Modding

This may sound silly to some of you, but I must know how do you make your own mods? Is it difficult or easy to do? Do you have to buy seperate software to make it? Do you have to know any programming scripting to do it?

This may sound silly to some of you, but I must know how do you make your own mods? Is it difficult or easy to do? Do you have to buy seperate software to make it? Do you have to know any programming scripting to do it?

I explained most you need to do in a few other topics, but I can't find them at the moment, maybe you can find them with the search engine (upper right hand corner). Working with the editor isn't that difficult. It's all the things that need be be done next to editing a map that really make it a pain. If you want to make missions or compilcated commands (like a go back to base command) you really need to be a good scripter. For the vehicle skins and the map undergrounds you need to be able to use photoshop, if you want to make your own models, you need to use Z-modeler.

There are tutorials available for the editor (on the EM3 CD), Z-modeler (on this forum) and photoshop (anywhere on the web, just google it). But trust me it takes months to learn. So if you want to make a completly new mod you probably won't be ready in a week or so.

greetz,

Thijs

You'll need (to buy) at least the following programs:

- Photoshop or any other professional image editor program.

You will need this program for editing textures/skins.

- Zmodeler 2, to make and export .v3o model files

Besides that, you need Notepad and/or Wordpad and the Emergency 3 editor (look in your Start folders to find a shortcut to the editor).

And the most important thing:

PATIENCE

Took me at least 3 months to create my first nice and detailed model, and more than 1 year to understand most scripting stuff.