Johhnnyy

POV Laws (Canadian version)

Ik there is already a post for POV Laws, but that is mostly for American States, and a few Canadian Provinces were included. In this post, I will give you an updated version of Canadian POV Laws. Note that all of the information you'll see here is up to the best of my knowledge.

British Columbia: Absolutely nothing. No sirens, no lights (emergency or courtesy) for all ranks, including chiefs.

Alberta: Green courtesy lights, no sirens. You don't have to pull over, they can't break normal traffic rules, but it would be nice of you to move aside. (This applies to all ranks, I think.)

Saskatchewan (my Province of residence, yayyy): Red lights and sirens (Since April 1, 2009). They can break traffic laws, you must get out of the way, and they are emergency vehicles under Saskatchewan Provincial Law. (This applies to all ranks.)

Manitoba: Red lights, no sirens. They are still considered as emergency vehicles, and the red lights are still recognized as emergency lights under Manitoba Provincial Law. This means that you must pull over, and they can still break traffic rules. (I believe this applies to all ranks, but Idk for sure. If you have more info, pls tell me in the comments.)

Ontario: Green courtesy lights, no sirens. You don't have to pull over, they can't break normal traffic rules, but it would be nice of you to move aside. However, Chiefs can use red lights and sirens, and you are required by law to pull over for a chief's POV.

Quebec: Green courtesy lights, no sirens. You don't have to pull over, they can't break normal traffic rules, but it would be nice of you to move aside. (I assume this applies to all ranks, but Idk for sure.)

Prince Edward Island: Red courtesy lights, no sirens. You don't have to pull over, they can't break normal traffic rules, but it would be nice of you to move aside. (This applies to all ranks.)

Newfoundland And Labrador: Unknown allegedly blue lights). You don't have to pull over, they can't break normal traffic rules, but it would be nice of you to move aside. (Unknown if all ranks will get courtesy lights for personal vehicles, or if certain ranks may use emergency lights and sirens for personal vehicles.)

Nova Scotia: Red lights and sirens for white helmet/white shirt ranks only (chief officers). Absolutely nothing for Captains and lower.

New Brunswick: Absolutely nothing. No sirens, no lights (emergency or courtesy) for all ranks, including chiefs

Nunavut: Unknown (No info available)

Northwest Territories: Unknown (No info available)

Yukon: Absolutely nothing. No sirens, no lights (emergency or courtesy) for all ranks, including chiefs.

Edited by Johhnnyy
Had to edit New Brunswick portion