Crashbreaker

firefighter paramedic unit.

So i was inspired by the LA Mod having a Fighter that can heal and fight fire, though i was thinking of if i could make a firefighter paramedic as a unit but for the main game. is it possible?

P.S i heard if a firefighter paramedic heals without a medic bag it can fully heal a injured person and you don't need to heal them again. and would be unaffected by any damages including fire and chemicals.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Crashbreaker said:

So i was inspired by the LA Mod having a Fighter that can heal and fight fire, though i was thinking of if i could make a firefighter paramedic as a unit but for the main game. is it possible?

P.S i heard if a firefighter paramedic heals without a medic bag it can fully heal a injured person and you don't need to heal them again. and would be unaffected by any damages including fire and chemicals.

Just add the heal command to the unit and edit its traits. No need to do anything crazy

On 4/13/2023 at 2:54 AM, Crashbreaker said:

It is possible. Since you had the idea from the LA Mod, you can check and edit its scripts files. Both LAHeal and LAStabilize are used for firefighters, depending on if they're paramedics or EMTs, respectively. Additionally, you must change:

• LAGetEMTBag, so firefighters can get the medic bags.
  • LAEquipmentCommands and RemoveEquipment, to remove/add commands when they get/remove equipment.
  • heal, since they added a condition to check if FF-PMs have equipped or not the medic bag.
On 4/15/2023 at 6:02 PM, Crashbreaker said:

and what about having them to appear as a extra unit like be used in ems vehicles and that perma heal (FF paramedic heal without bag) thing.

For that, you must edit the vehicles unit.xml. But bear in mind that since you're trying to add a FF type unit to a medic vehicle, you'll need to change the entercar.script to make them able to enter the vehicle again. Otherwise, once you make the FFs out of the vehicle, they'll not be able to enter it again.

As for the perma-heal, it's made using this:

SetInjuredLifeDrain(0.0f)

Look for it in the LAHeal and LAStabilize scripts.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:38 PM, Crashbreaker said:

i was wanting to use the vanilla one.

Then simply delete the model of LA Mod's EMT bag that is found in Models\Objects\Equipment.

And how do i make the unit.xml for the FF paramedic?

Well, first off, you should know the basics of XML: how to open and close tags and how to keep everything 'in place' so that the game properly understands its content. There are plenty of basic tutorials if you search on Google, no need to know everything. That said, I'll set a basic example.

Let's suppose I want to add the FF-EMT to the EMS car. What I should do is check the unit's ID found on the unit.xml inside a Personnel subfolder.

<unit id="FF_EMT">

Then you search the vehicles unit.xml and add this line inside the personnel tag, if you want a FF-EMT to be inside the vehicle by default:

<unit id="FF_EMT">
					<defaultcount value="1" />
				</unit>

Or this one if you don't want any FF-EMT inside the vehicle by default:

<unit id="FF_EMT" />

how do i assign a icon

Icons are configured in Specs/portraits.xml, and inside the unit's folder that contains the unit.xml file. To continue with the FF-EMT example, if you search in portraits.xml, you'll find a line like this:

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/02 LA Fire Department/ff_emt.e4p" big="norm" unit="FF_EMT" text="FF_EMT"/>

Each attribute has its own use and meaning:

• prototype points to the unit's prototype.
  • big refers to the .dds files found on the unit's folder.
  • unit refers to the unit's ID, that I've explained earlier.
  • text uses an ID for adding the unit's name and description for some files inside the Lang folder.

To dig a bit deeper on the big attribute, it's best explained when using units that have two prototypes inside unit.xml. This is the case for the LAPD officer, and the SAR dog leader.

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/01 LA Ambulance/usar_leaderrescuedog.e4p" big="norm" unit="DOGLEADER" text="DOGLEADER"/>
	<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/01 LA Ambulance/usar_rescuedog.e4p" big="dog" unit="DOGLEADER" text="DOG"/>

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/03 LA Police/lapd_officer_m.e4p" big="male" unit="LAPD_OFFICER" text="LAPD_OFFICER"/>
	<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/03 LA Police/lapd_officer_f.e4p" big="fem" unit="LAPD_OFFICER" text="LAPD_OFFICER"/>

Notice how the pairs of lines share the same unit's ID, but the big attribute is different, to search differently named .dds files.

I want to edit a texture to make it a recolor

Retexturing is not my forte. There are good tutorials here.

Edited by amuchalipsis
Formatting