trader5050

Basic script editing/flow

Hello there,

I have a few really basic questions:

1. What's the easiest way to edit/reload scripts for testing? Currently I have to completely re-open the game, load mod, start freeplay, get cops into a car and hit a cmd button just to test something. It's extremely time-consuming.

2. Is there any way to force-trigger an event for testing?

3. I can't seem to find an SDK reference anywhere. I don't even see a function list on any sites, despite some links seeming to indicate one exists. Any help?

Thanks a bunch!

16 hours ago, trader5050 said:

I have a few really basic questions:

1. Unfortunately there is no other way to test. Scripting in Em4 is tedious but ironically a great way to brush up on syntax, and eventually, getting good at sorting logical errors.

2. No you can't force trigger an event. You can only mess with the freeplay_endless.xml to give you a higher possibility of getting the event you want. May the Em4 gods be kind to you.

3. The SDK is here in the German forums. You need an account and I recommend using a translator. https://www.emergency-forum.de/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/659-sdk/

I took it a step further and downloaded all the SDK listings and put them into text files so I have quick reference without needing to login and translate

On 10/14/2021 at 3:03 AM, itchboy said:

1. Unfortunately there is no other way to test. Scripting in Em4 is tedious but ironically a great way to brush up on syntax, and eventually, getting good at sorting logical errors.

2. No you can't force trigger an event. You can only mess with the freeplay_endless.xml to give you a higher possibility of getting the event you want. May the Em4 gods be kind to you.

3. The SDK is here in the German forums. You need an account and I recommend using a translator. https://www.emergency-forum.de/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/659-sdk/

I took it a step further and downloaded all the SDK listings and put them into text files so I have quick reference without needing to login and translate

Thanks for the help.

I downloaded all of the SDK and combined into a single PDF for searching, so that's nice.