Guest Mugenr

911 Choppy game play as time passes

Guest Mugenr

Hello

I have seen lots of posts on this but they are all over the place and in most cases are not very helpful.

We have all expirenced the freeplay games getting lagy after about an hour or so, not simply because the map fills up with units, but due to a possible bug (i have seen no indication that atari or 16t has any fix/patch in the works). I have tested this and even with keeping as few possible units on the freeplay map at any given time... it starts to slow down.

I would like to have all possible ways of speeding up the game in this topic so we can all have a smoother running game. If you have done something or found away of speeding up the game please post here;

The obvious stuff is close all background programs! Mainly anti virus, they seem to have a huge effect on the game.

Try keeping fewer units on the map (this helps a bit but the game still goes choppy, and we all love having ambulance and police on patrol =P)

Increase the priorty of 911 in task manager (for me personaly this helped alot I have a friend who tried this though and said it had no effect) ??

If your planning on playing a long game i reccomed this;

Restart your computer, Shut off all back ground programs inculding anti virus, Run 911FR Load the mod and start playing.

On some computers i tested this on, simply opening your web browser for 10 mins befor playing seemed to reduce preformace

These are only guidelines and from my test, if you do all of these, your game should run faster for longer. The computer your on is the biggest factor as with anygame, Good luck and have fun

I read recently a post about problems with dual core processers, Can some one please clarify this and provide a posssible fix if there is one?

Guest Utrechtterror

If you have a dual-core. Run the game with one core, simply right-clicking on the .exe and select Run on one core.

If really nothing works, check your PC. Maybe it's outdated. And you should upgrade it with RAM, new HDD or new grapichs card.

I ain't sure about the intel core duo's but about AMD: If your system is fully up-to-date the game will run fine on AMD X2's

My system:

AMD Athlon 64 x 2 5000+ "ee"

4 x 1024 MB RAM => 4 GB

160 GB Sata HDD

Ati Radeon HD 2600XT @ DirectX10

Windows Vista Ultimate 64BIT

NOTE: My config file is put on "read only" i notice that after sometime the config file seems to get messed and the game randomly crashes, since i restored my config file I had no more crashs.

I play on highest graphics

Some games do NOT support Intel Duo Core processors, thus making your processor speed a fraud when it comes to the game, while you may have a 3.0ghz or whatever in reality the game can only process from one of the processors (NEVER TURN OFF Processor0!). It is stupid, I do not know why considering how long these dual core processors have been around, but they do occasionally lack support for it.

Sorry, but they did not mention that on their games, my suggestion is to contact support and ask directly if their game supports the Dual Processors, perhaps they will give you an honest answer as to whether or not they do NOT support certain models.