Joseph McKeon

EM4 Vehicle Reskins [Need help]

Me and a friend play on the Bushton Mod V2. We are thinking about adding our own fire department's vehicles to the apparatus list on Bushton. I have seen some tutorials on YouTube, but alot of comments were reporting errors after trying. All of this is a completely different language for us. We both have zero experience in modding. Im not exactly sure which program to use. My department has enough photos of the rigs to be able to texture it, but I have no idea how to edit and use the software. If we also had the textures done, we are not sure how we would combine the download so that we would both have each others fire department skins split on the map, as if it were a different county in each district. Is it possible to edit the textures of vehicles, and then reupload the entire mod or just those select files on a private website? Im not sure if the author Starm has released any notification that we can't reupload, but I will look. It's all really hard to think about getting done, I would really appreciate the help! Thanks - Joe

You should take a look at the tutorials section. A good texturing software is GIMP, that's what I use. People report errors because they don't pay attention. Also, note that the Bushton mod is a submod of the Mayberry Mod, so (as far as I know) there should be no issue with putting it up for public download here as long as you give the proper credits and put in the title somewhere that the files are a submod. Splitting the areas should be really simple; it's just a matter of making two textures, putting them on two different units, and putting them in place of the corresponding files. Or simply adding them- however, it's easier to replace, because after that, you have to change the station scripts for the new units, and any files that refer to them. The easiest way for you to get what you want is to texture some pre- existing models for one fire department and texture others for the other department. If you really need extra help beyond what is already publicly available (look everywhere), you can message me. I know a thing or two :) 

You should take a look at the tutorials section. A good texturing software is GIMP, that's what I use. People report errors because they don't pay attention. Also, note that the Bushton mod is a submod of the Mayberry Mod, so (as far as I know) there should be no issue with putting it up for public download here as long as you give the proper credits and put in the title somewhere that the files are a submod. Splitting the areas should be really simple; it's just a matter of making two textures, putting them on two different units, and putting them in place of the corresponding files. Or simply adding them- however, it's easier to replace, because after that, you have to change the station scripts for the new units, and any files that refer to them. The easiest way for you to get what you want is to texture some pre- existing models for one fire department and texture others for the other department. If you really need extra help beyond what is already publicly available (look everywhere), you can message me. I know a thing or two :)

I'll I can offer paint.net also a good program to Skins vehicles :)