The Governor

Contacting the staff of this forum - Why is it so hard?

The admin has his messages disabled, as does the mod  I tried logging into my other account, but was told my password was wrong.  Okay, so tried requesting another password.  The security check for password recovery is bugged.  No matter what it told me the captcha was wrong, which it wasn't.  So, I made a new account to message the staff about it.  I get it, the staff get a lot of messages, but it'd be nice if there was a 'forum support/questions' section for issues like this.

There is a section for support. The section at the top of the forum with the title Website Support is for this purpose.

Secondly, we don't all have PM box disabled. What is happening in this case is that your new account didn't yet have the ability to PM. When a new account is created, it goes into a 'new member' category after the account has been activated. This group can't PM other users, or initially make public posts. One of the staff team has to approve the first post made by new users, which then moves the account into the standard 'Members' group.

After the first post has been approved, and the account is in the standard group, you can then access the PM function.

Which account name would you like to keep? We can reset the password for you, merge the accounts etc.

There is a section for support. The section at the top of the forum with the title Website Support is for this purpose.

Secondly, we don't all have PM box disabled. What is happening in this case is that your new account didn't yet have the ability to PM. When a new account is created, it goes into a 'new member' category after the account has been activated. This group can't PM other users, or initially make public posts. One of the staff team has to approve the first post made by new users, which then moves the account into the standard 'Members' group.

After the first post has been approved, and the account is in the standard group, you can then access the PM function.

Which account name would you like to keep? We can reset the password for you, merge the accounts etc.

The section with support does not show for me on the main page.  Screenshot, which is why I didn't know that section existed.

I'd prefer to keep my first account, Bossanova.  If you could reset the password on that one, it'd be appreciated.  I don't know why, but the captcha is just bugged for password recovery.  Tried in two browsers, and it still rejected every single one.