Guest mrsanta172

Burning 911 to a DVD

Guest mrsanta172

I downloaded 911FR last night and want to burn the files to a DVD so I have a back-up incase my comp. ever crashes or I lose the files somehow. (i am wishing I bought the extended thing from Atari so they kept it on my account for 2 years..... :unsure: ) I am wondering what files and folders I have to have on the disk so that I can reinstall it successfully if the time ever comes. I know I need the installation files, but I guess I just dont know which ones these are or where to access them.

Thanks!

Guest ShortCappy

It's the files within C:\download\911FR (if you didn't move it or changed the directory), which were extracted from the 6 archive files that you downloaded.

Guest ZildjianDrummer
It's the files within C:\download\911FR (if you didn't move it or changed the directory), which were extracted from the 6 archive files that you downloaded.

i remember reading it somewhere on the atari site they said save the zips to a disc.... i mean just double click the part 1, the one that looks like a box wiht books, it starts the install process...what you need to keep is the activation key and serial.... save that to a txt document and voila! backed up game....

Guest private R clark
i remember reading it somewhere on the atari site they said save the zips to a disc.... i mean just double click the part 1, the one that looks like a box wiht books, it starts the install process...what you need to keep is the activation key and serial.... save that to a txt document and voila! backed up game....

i dont know if any of this may be of help

not shure about this as my mate torrented the game atari won't let you digital download to the uk usually you have to un rar the files i suggest using winrar extract all files to location

save the files to a location you can find ie create a folder in my documents.

in order to zip the files to a cd you need a program that will iso burn this basicly converts your files to images (so a cd can recognise them )

use any programe such as image burn ultraiso ect ONLY BURN THE ISO FILES THEY ultraiso locates them as cd icons (usually bin files)

once you have burned the cds (depending on how many iso there are (usually 2 for 911 responders 3 for em4 deluxe)

install game like you would if you had brought it from the shop

however refer to my topic help with em4

hopefully you dont get any errors

but this is what my mate done with his thats how he got 911 responders if you require any more help let me know

if the game wont start because it canot detect the copyright protection you would have to find a no cd hack for the game

@private R clark I think you didn't understand:

We're talking about backing up the downlaod evrsion of 911 first responders. This version does not need a cd.

The saving can be done with Nero, Roxio or the windows integrated cd burning software as it is just copy 3 fiels on the disc. Iso isn't even needed as you are not copying a disc.

Guest private R clark
@private R clark I think you didn't understand:

We're talking about backing up the downlaod evrsion of 911 first responders. This version does not need a cd.

The saving can be done with Nero, Roxio or the windows integrated cd burning software as it is just copy 3 fiels on the disc. Iso isn't even needed as you are not copying a disc.

lol ok no problems i know thats how you do it for downloaded torrents but i was not shure on this as ive never digital downloaded b4 and atari dont allow the download to the uk (i think its stupid will release every where else part from the uk what is it because we english lol )

lol ok no problems i know thats how you do it for downloaded torrents but i was not shure on this as ive never digital downloaded b4 and atari dont allow the download to the uk (i think its stupid will release every where else part from the uk what is it because we english lol )

There's just one way to downlaod from atari otuside the UK, conenct to a WIFI hotspot and hdie yourself behind a virtual network (software on laptop) then they cant see what country you're from ;)