DakotaM990

[EM4/911FR] LA Multiplayer Map

Hi all,

I recently was actually able to play multiplayer the first time with my friend on LA 2.1 with Submods by Hoppah.

The only problem was that we were sent to the Vanilla MP Map which LA kinda bugs out on. I was actually hoping that there's some way to play on the Freeplay/Endless LA Map. Would you use editor or what?

Thanks,

D

It is possible, but I haven't tried it.

If you go into the LA mod v2.1 folder and open maps then you should be able copy the 3 files named 'freeplay.dds', 'freeplay.e4m' and 'freeplay.eft' and rename them to 'multiplayer.dds', 'multiplayer.e4m' and 'multiplayer.eft' respectively. Make sure you back up the current stuff called multiplayer and it should work. Many of the functions of 'to station' and similar won't work as they are disabled if the scripts recognise the game type as being multiplayer. Still, give it a shot and let me know if it works out for you.

You may need to make some edits on the map, but this should at least get you started in the right direction.

Hope that helps :)

It is possible, but I haven't tried it.

If you go into the LA mod v2.1 folder and open maps then you should be able copy the 3 files named 'freeplay.dds', 'freeplay.e4m' and 'freeplay.eft' and rename them to 'multiplayer.dds', 'multiplayer.e4m' and 'multiplayer.eft' respectively. Make sure you back up the current stuff called multiplayer and it should work. Many of the functions of 'to station' and similar won't work as they are disabled if the scripts recognise the game type as being multiplayer. Still, give it a shot and let me know if it works out for you.

You may need to make some edits on the map, but this should at least get you started in the right direction.

Hope that helps :)

Hi woody_BLAH,

I did hear about the replacing the multiplayer.e4m but the multiplayer.eft and multiplayer.dds files never existed in the Maps folder but I did as you said. The only problem my buddy and I were having was that the map was the vanilla map and the "To Station" for FD Units BUT the Ambulances would go there :laugh:

I was hoping that in editor I'd be able to fix the "To Station" problem but it doesn't seem so. Hopefully someone out there solved that and can help me out.

Thanks

D

I've been able to play the LA Mod on the Freeplay map with 2 of my buddies and everything has worked out perfect (except the Natural Gas Explosions, and the Illegal Demonstrations)

One of the buddies and I tried out the Borough of Fire: Brooklyn Mod(A+ for a mod that isn't complete!) and noticed that the FD Vehicles are able to return to station in multiplayer while the LAFD Vehicles on the LA Mod cannot.

Is there any way that someone could possibly make this possible for the LA Mod? It's a pain putting your Engines, and Squad in the back parking lot all the time.