FrozenOne-94

Some minor issues with skinning (sirens solved)

Hello everyone,

I've got a few problems with creating a mod and I hope someone is able to help me out. So here are my issues:

1. I made some custom sirens. The file extension is .ogg so that should be fine and the name of the file and the folder it is in is correct. The game is using the sirens when I send out a (police) car which is supposed to do so but there is a problem. Normally you'd only be able to hear the sirens when your camera is focussing on the car using it but I can hear them all over the map of the game. So everytime I dispatch a police car and I am still focusing on the event I can hear the sirens clearly up untill the car arrives at the scene. It is also with the same loudness everywhere so the game is kinda using the siren as background audio. There was another member on the forum who had this issue and he resolved it but never stated how he came up with the solution. This member doesn't seem to be around here anymore so I created this new topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution: make sure the .ogg file is saved as a mono audiofile instead of sterio and you should be fine. Works like a charm now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Currently I am busy with reskinnig some vehicles (Dutch Emergency Services). The problem is that the developer uses textures which get copied from one side of the car to the other side. I can only skin the right side of the car and this is automatically being copied to the left side of the vehicle. Because of this the text on the copied site is mirrored and the stripes I am using are incorrect. The Dutch police uses Blue stripes on bottom and Red stripes on top on one side and Red stripes on bottom and Blue stripes on top on the other side. Because it is being copied both sides use the same striping array at this time. Now my question is if there is something I can do in the editor to mirror the faulty side so the text is displayed correctly and if I can get the striping correct. If not (which I would fully understand) would it be possible to load the car model in Zmodeler (or some other 3D software) to re-map it and get skinnable textures for both sided independently?

I hope you understand my problems and questions and someone knows the answers.