William Stapleford

Light editing questions, light shines through vehicles

Just started to try and play around in the editor for the first time.  I wanted to mess around with the lighting on the vehicles and try to create some of my own.  I opened the prefab browser and placed a police vehicle down to start.  Then found the lighting controls for it and added some rear strobes to the tail lights.  I was panning around when i realized that i could see the lights from every angle.  It was if the light was showing through the vehicle.  When i looked at the default lighting it was the same thing.  How do you restrict the lighting so that it does not show through the vehicle.  Unless mounted in the window or a roof lightbar the lights should not be seen from every angle.  

Tail light strobes should not show through to the front bumper and front grill lights and headlights should not be seen from the rear.  It appears that every default vehicle has this issue as well.

Just wondering if anyone has some tips or a fix for this.  I think that this game has tons of potential in the right peoples hands.  Hopefully we will start seeing some bog mods coming out and all the videos of the editor can be translated to English or new videos added by members explaining how this editor functions.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Bill