Valadix

Saving light edits?

Make sure the auto save button at the very bottom of the editor is checked.

That only saves the map. Not the lights or any edits to the prototype. You must press OK at the main prototype editor window, and not just the light editor window. You can't press escape key or you will lose everything.

I experienced this when I was lighting a unit for my police upgrade mod.

That only saves the map. Not the lights or any edits to the prototype. You must press OK at the main prototype editor window, and not just the light editor window. You can't press escape key or you will lose everything.

I experienced this when I was lighting a unit for my police upgrade mod.

If the box is not checked, none of the changes you make to the prototypes will stay even if you click "ok".

Pretty sure you have to go to the map menu to save the map...

If the box is not checked, none of the changes you make to the prototypes will stay even if you click "ok".

Pretty sure you have to go to the map menu to save the map...

The autosave function saves the map. Ever notice that every few minutes the editor will freeze for a bit? That is the editor saving a file called autosave.e4m into the maps folder.

Any prototype or edit can be saved regardless of autosave being ticked or not. I did most of the lights in my police upgrade mod without autosave enabled.

The autosave function saves the map. Ever notice that every few minutes the editor will freeze for a bit? That is the editor saving a file called autosave.e4m into the maps folder.

Any prototype or edit can be saved regardless of autosave being ticked or not. I did most of the lights in my police upgrade mod without autosave enabled.

Good to know, thanks