TACRfan

Should I buy this game yet?

Hey, I am hearing mixed reviews about this game and I am wondering to buy it or not. Would it be better to wait until mods come out, or is it good to get now.

I have also heard that it does not run very well, I am not very good with computers but I know my PC has a GTX 660, 8gb ram, i5 processor and a terabyte of storage, would I be able to run this game.

If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I have essentially the same setup as you and after the latest patch the performance has improved and i think it is fine and there will be more patches to come to improve performance. Now as for the game play its essentially stock em 4 with updated graphics with a few more tools and some new events. In my opinion i don't think the game is really worth the 45 bucks i paid for it for what you get as ive beaten the very short campaign and have no real desire to continue to play  the game unless mods do come out. So i would suggest waiting until we see if modding takes off for this game and im sure it will go down in price at some point in time. 

Ok thanks to everyone for replying, I think I will wait for it to drop in price before purchasing

i wouldn´t buy it before next year. i bought it and i (pretty much)hate it.i mean theres alot of great stuff but for a new version of a almost ten year old game it is not good.if it would much less-ok for me.but it is overpriced and the "fantastic graphics" aren´t that fantastic at all.if i look at the amsterdam amstelland mod for example,it has also a very nice graphic but the graphic doesn´t slow the computer down.trust me i don´t have a bad computer but the high settings or even meium graphic settings make the game lag.im sure that will be fixed  sometime soon. i´d rather use emergency 4.and to make a complete new editor was a big mistake in my opinion.the old one is much easier to handle.