anttcortez

Black Screen/Not Starting [SOLVED+SOLUTION]

Hey, Emergency Planet! 

As you can probably tell, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking the forums for a considerable amount of time. Here's my technical issue.

All of a sudden, starting about a week ago,  :sporty:  my game hasn't started correctly. It might be from the spontaneous update that Windows allotted to me (Windows 10 update, I suppose). When I double click on the .exe file to start the game, it seems that it starts (I can even hear the intro music), but my computer screen remains black. So far, I have tried to run it as an administrator (Worked about twice) and I ran it in a few different compatibility modes (Windows XP seemed to work a few times, but other times, not so much.) I have gotten the game to start about 3 or 4 times, but it starts with a very small screen resolution, about half of my maximum. I'm not sure what made the game suddenly stop working, but any recommendations would be fantastic! PS, my game has run perfectly on this computer flawless until the update, it seems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success.
 I have attached my logfile and dxdiag.

EDIT: Solved it by reading another thread! If you have this problem, look in your logfile located in your em4 directory, look for

"?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!" using Ctrl+F. If you have this error, update your video/graphics drivers by going to Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Device Manager -> Click the arrow next to "Display adapters" -> Whatever you see there (For example, Intel® HD Graphics 3000), type that into Google and find the drivers, download them, install, restart the computer. 

Hey, Emergency Planet! 

As you can probably tell, this is my first post here, but I've been lurking the forums for a considerable amount of time. Here's my technical issue.

All of a sudden, starting about a week ago,  :sporty:  my game hasn't started correctly. It might be from the spontaneous update that Windows allotted to me (Windows 10 update, I suppose). When I double click on the .exe file to start the game, it seems that it starts (I can even hear the intro music), but my computer screen remains black. So far, I have tried to run it as an administrator (Worked about twice) and I ran it in a few different compatibility modes (Windows XP seemed to work a few times, but other times, not so much.) I have gotten the game to start about 3 or 4 times, but it starts with a very small screen resolution, about half of my maximum. I'm not sure what made the game suddenly stop working, but any recommendations would be fantastic! PS, my game has run perfectly on this computer flawless until the update, it seems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success.

I have attached my logfile and dxdiag.

EDIT: Solved it by reading another thread! If you have this problem, look in your logfile located in your em4 directory, look for

"?ERROR: dynlight.vsf Version 3.0.0.0 or higher required!" using Ctrl+F. If you have this error, update your video/graphics drivers by going to Control Panel -> Hardware & Sound -> Device Manager -> Click the arrow next to "Display adapters" -> Whatever you see there (For example, Intel® HD Graphics 3000), type that into Google and find the drivers, download them, install, restart the computer. 

Hey. Its really nice that you were able to fix the solution before anyone tried helping you. Thats something I've rarely seen during my years here. We need more members like you. Your information can also be useful to others with the same problem.

Now that you've got the game working, I would like to give you a welcome you into the world of EM4 modding. Take a look around the site and you might find something you like.