Mikhail

Tower mod flashes // black uniforms?

So, I have noticed that on all the modifications I install the Tower (Truck, Ladder whatever you'd like to call it) will flash different colors. On the LA Mod it is white and yellow and as it moves it will turn white/yellow. The Police Officers are completely black, and in the Harbor Mod the EMT's with the stretcher are completely white.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Can someone shine some light on this? It seems that my tower mod the texture is corrupted. No matter what mod (without the bucket on the ladder) or with a bucket on the ladder it will always appear to have a bucket.
I don't know really what to do, I am an avid player of EM4 and this is beginning to annoy me a lot.
When I try to take a screenshot of my game with either crtl prt sc or gyazo it just shows up as black. I don't know if that helps with anything. Also the images of the vehicle when you click on it to buy it or if you just click on it where the picture is it is white.

I can take a picture of my game with my phone's camera to show you what I mean if that is helpful.

Thank you in advance for the help I know I will receive from this community.

What kind of video card does your machine have?  I am guessing intel or AMD is what you've got but you can enlighten us along with a screenshot of the issues, I can tell you know though it is def. a graphical issue that is causing these problems.

this would appear to be another alpha channel related problem, either try lowering the graphics settings to medium/low.  Or you can disable alpha reflections in the editor, or remove the alpha channels from the textures themselves and one of these options should resolve the over shiny vehicle issue you have going on....

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19265-vehicle-texture-problem-911-first-responders/

^Someone with a similar issue, resolved for them as described above.

Thank you Mikey, can you please explain this though regarding the v3o file? What file is that? And changing it from .png to bmp it says "you will loose the transparency" is that OK?

The engine to the top-left in your image appears to me normal, the one below it does not, my best guess would be that there is something different in the texture files causing that one to appear right and the others not, alpha reflections is all that I can think of.. Note that on the vehicles the wheels appear normal, the same is true of other parts you would not want to reflect... I believe I am correct in the cause of the issue... You could try saving them as a BMP format, opening the v3o files and changing the texture it references from .png to .bmp using notepad on one of them that does not appear correctly..  BMP doesnt support alpha channels so it should remove the alpha channel from the skin...

Well I would suggest disabling alpha reflections within the editor of the persons/vehicle models first, as well as changing your graphics settings in game to be medium to low quality.  One of these two steps are far more "novice" level tricks that can resolve the issue. 

IF the issues persist after these steps have been taken you have to be willing to go into more advanced alterations to repair it, that is what the V3O and Texture file changes come into play for.

The V3O files are the model files for the cars/persons within this game, in those files when you open them with notepad it references a texture file that is associated to it.

(note: the v3o files must be unpacked in order for this to be possible).

Near the top of the file when opened in notepad you will see SRF lines:

SRF, Body, 0, 0, 0, Ambulance01.png, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0SRF, Interior, 0, 0, 0, Ambulance01_Interior.png, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0SRF, Rear, 0, 0, 0, Ambulance01_2.png, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Not all vehicles have that many, some have more, either way it does not matter, what does matter is the filename referenced.

In the example they are .png formatted image files, you would want to use either a paint program or an image converter program to change them from .png to .bmp format... Changing them to .bmp format will remove the alpha layers from the vehicle, removing the ability to have alpha reflections on them...  But in order for the models to show the textures you have to change those lines from .png at the end of each filename to .bmp within the .V3O model files in order for it to find the textures and use them correctly.

As to losing the alpha channel, some vehicles use alpha channels for transparency, not just alpha reflections meaning that if the alpha is removed the vehicle will lose the transparency on the parts that have it applied.  This is generally only a concern with things like cage mesh, some ladders use alpha transparency for their ladder components, things like that... But if you are not seeing the vehicles right anyway I don't think losing the transparency is that bad of a trade-off.

First either lower your settings and/or use the editor to disable alpha reflections from the models and see if that helps before attempting a more advanced task.

Load the editor and under the modifications menu you will find unpack file... Find all the V3O files and unpack them one by one.  Most vehicles have several v3o files for them so you have to unpack them all.