Tim Derks

Running game fullscreen, editor windowed

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to run the game fullscreen, but the editor in windowed mode. I figured it should be easy enough by adding some command line options in it's properties like -windowed or -fullscreen=0. Unfortunately nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tim

When you open the editor, click "Game" in the top left corner and then Video Setup. You can uncheck the "full screen" box, although it reverts back to full screen when you close and reopen the editor so this has to be done every time.

I don't know of any other way to make it run in windowed mode.

EDIT: I was just looking in the config file (EM4.cfg or similar) and saw this line

<var name="r_fullscreen" value="1" />

You could try changing that value, and see if that makes a difference. It may not, but worth a try? Remember to make a back up of the file before making any changes!

I indeed found the same thing you just mentioned. The only problem with this, the window's resolution is smaller than my full screen (obviously), so it removes the top and bottom bar from sight. Rescaling the resolution would screw up the image while ingame.

About the config file, this works for the game. It might also work for the editor, but I'd like the game to stay fullscreen always,

Thanks for looking in to it though.

Tim