sgtmatt325

Ladders Hanging a Flag

Since i don't have any scripting experience I'm counting on you guys to help,

We all know at many events and funerals fire departments arrange for 2 (sometimes 1) Ladders to assist with hanging a flag above an area, So my question is would it be possible?

I'm thinking of something where you have to select both ladders and hit a button to "connect" the flag and to make it possibly easier to make, the trucks must face each other (so it they look better) like the picture below

20110911__15be911~3_300.jpg

Feedback is welcome

Only way I see that happening would be a script that when the two units are selected puts them into position then does a proto swap when they are deployed putting a flag between the two units that would end up being one model when deployed.  Why you would need this Idk, especially considering most mods don't have the space to put two 95ft+ ladders lengthwise along with the ladders deployed in the air and the space for a large flag between em, you'd be talking around 225 feet of length for the thing.

Only way I see that happening would be a script that when the two units are selected puts them into position then does a proto swap when they are deployed putting a flag between the two units that would end up being one model when deployed.  Why you would need this Idk, especially considering most mods don't have the space to put two 95ft+ ladders lengthwise along with the ladders deployed in the air and the space for a large flag between em, you'd be talking around 225 feet of length for the thing.

at that would em4 even truely allow for this? i feel like it would be buggy.

I understand the scripting it would take to make something small like this to work,

I was picturing it like this

post-18087-0-65349400-1405563892_thumb.p  post-18087-0-80229700-1405564065_thumb.p

Or if it might be easier to just make it that one ladder can 'hang' a small/medium flag from the ladder but even i can't think of a way to make this type of command to work without messing up the install command already on the truck.

In short, yes EM4 would permit the dual ladders to deploy a flag, or even one flag hanging off of a single ladder truck (the single is much easier to do). The key factor for the dual ladder trucks is having the two vehicles take up position in relation to one another  so they are facing one another with just enough space between them so that when they deploy the ladders the appropriate spacing is available between them.  Once they are deployed both ladders would be removed temporarily and replaced with a single prototype which includes both ladders as a body without a ladder on it, and a child on one of them which has both ladder booms raised and deployed with a flag hung between them.  To remove them the command would swap back to the normal prototype and function just as normal in removing the real ladders.

To do a singular ladder all that it must do is have a ladder deploy to the raised position, then proto swap to a ladder with the booms extended to to the default position when raised with a flag attached to the end of the ladder arm.. To undeploy it would just require a proto swap back to the normal ladder that doesnt have the flag on the end.