JANJUA

Need help with changing a skin

Hey guys so as you all know I'm working on the new jersey mod which is a sub mod off of the boston mod 1.0 and I'm having trouble trying to put the tahoe skin that was created on the unit. i changed the image to png and replaced it and then when i went in to the game it was still same skin? 

Any ideas?? I'm stuck 

Did you change the texture name in the .v3o file for the model?

If not, open the .v3o file using notepad, and at the top you'll see something like this

SRF, Default Material, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_fire.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Decals, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_fire_decals.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Change the name of the texture file, to whatever your texture file is called.

its actually the

Did you change the texture name in the .v3o file for the model?

If not, open the .v3o file using notepad, and at the top you'll see something like this

SRF, Default Material, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_fire.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Decals, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_fire_decals.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Change the name of the texture file, to whatever your texture file is called.

its actually the tahoe ems file and i did it was all changed to png. and then it did nothing

So the .v3o file shows this instead?

SRF, Default Material, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_ems.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Decals, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_ems_decals.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

In that case, change to this

SRF, Default Material, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_ems.png, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Decals, 0, 0, 0, tahoe_ems_decals.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

yes it does but i did that but still it won't change the vehicle because in the mod there is the sar vehicle and red cross one that also has the same vehicle but with more lights. i tried converting it to a ddd file but i crashed me out the editor

Have you changed it to what I suggested?

It need to be showing whatever your file name is called.

i will try it again and see what it does if not i cans end you the file of the mod and then you try and see if it works for you? i cans end you everything and you can also play it lol still wip