THVFD

UV mapping help

I'm assiting freakinfuzzball in his making of models he sent me the model below to see if i could uv map it bc he couldnt uv map it so i fixed the model added quit a few polygons and when i go to uv map them they dont show up in uv mapper view in zmodeler2 and another question how can i fix the strecthed looking polygons in the uv mapper view what i'm talking about is in the picture below

you changed the polygons of the model, so those polygons are not mapped on the UV mapper, my suggestion is to reset the UV map and restart it over:

*see tutorial*

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/3-zmodeler-2-uv-mapping-texturing/

the tutorial you posted before i poested this topic i was looking at it how do i asain polygons to a texture i dont understand that part bc all it says is to go into the properties of the model and select witch texture i've did that several times and i'd like to do the restarting it as a last resort a lot of little polygons in the montana hose bed lol but do you know what is going on with the polygons strecthed all the way across the texture like in the picture i included

select all the vertices of the vehicle's body in vertice mode, Surface>mapping>edit uv, under the options keep the original mapping it will pop up in the UV mapper, go back to obj mode, then into vertice mode again, click on the model somewhere and lil red dots will show up... Move the ones that are out of place back to roughly where they belong... That happened because either someone made an error or zmod did it's infamous screw with the UV and break it routine that it pulls from time to time.

thank you mikey pi i really appercate the help

Edit: i have tried to drag the polygons like you said and i still cant figure out what you where talking about all the polygons i added are made off of pre exsiting vertiexes

what i mean is that your vertices are pre-existing, but the polygons are not, meaning they wont be in the UV map that is existing... when you create the UV they will be added but not where the existing UV map is, they will instead form somewhere else in the UV map screen and will have to be moved.

Once you have selected the whole body and loaded the UV as you have already done for the bad polygons that are skewed for whatever reason you have to enter solid obj mode again.

Then mouse over the UV mapper window the model will glow blue when you hover over it.

Then go back up and pick vertice edit mode and click anywhere on the model in the UV window.

Now you can select the vertices individually with the select>Quadrant tool, and move them accordingly using the Move tool to where they belong, your newly added polys, in spite of being linked to the existing vertices will still be counted as a new UV map and end up somewhere else on the UV map and require re-alignment.