freakinfuzzball

Zmodeler Export Support

Hello everyone, I have a quick request for advice.  I was in zmod today messing around and opened up Bama's Pierce Velocity Heavy Rescue, and it's amazing!  So i wanted to make an engine using that cab.  I took the rear section of Montana Mod Engine 2 deleted the cab and took the cab off the Velocity and deleted the body.  Then I moved the two exactly into place and merged the files by dragging the engine's body into the file containing the cab.  All should be good I thought.  Then I tried to export it and it gives me the error seen in the screenshot.  Any help?

post-58367-0-46617400-1399766511_thumb.p

Some who are more educated than I may have a more efficient answer however some things I may have observed:

1. Did you use modify>attach and attach the two parts together under one title?

2. I always seem to have to rewrite a file name that already exists:

e.g. You want to name the combined model MFREngine you need to have a preexisting .V3O (with data that already exists) with the name MFREngine.V3O

This is why we back things up

I hope that was clear/helps :)

Some who are more educated than I may have a more efficient answer however some things I may have observed:

1. Did you use modify>attach and attach the two parts together under one title?

2. I always seem to have to rewrite a file name that already exists:

e.g. You want to name the combined model MFREngine you need to have a preexisting .V3O (with data that already exists) with the name MFREngine.V3O

This is why we back things up

I hope that was clear/helps :)

When you say under one title, do I need to rename both to the same thing or rearrange them in hierarchy?  What do you mean?  Thanks again for the super quick response!

Edit:  Never mind, I just did it and it worked perfectly!!! Thanks you!! Now, can you give a me a quick hint on how to remap a texture to it?

When you go to export a file, make sure the object name matches the filename you export it as IE if the object is named car1 then you have to export as car1.v3o, or just go under the export button's little down arrow and select multiple export and then you can dump all the objects in the zmod file at once.... much easier imo.  As far as UV mapping there are tutorials for how to do the UV mapping of a vehicle, explaining the whole process in a post is a bit much, help with an aspect of it nadda big deal but the whole process bit much.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/3-zmodeler-2-uv-mapping-texturing/

When you go to export a file, make sure the object name matches the filename you export it as IE if the object is named car1 then you have to export as car1.v3o, or just go under the export button's little down arrow and select multiple export and then you can dump all the objects in the zmod file at once.... much easier imo.  As far as UV mapping there are tutorials for how to do the UV mapping of a vehicle, explaining the whole process in a post is a bit much, help with an aspect of it nadda big deal but the whole process bit much.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/3-zmodeler-2-uv-mapping-texturing/

Thank you very much!