Hokiefireman

Firefighter interested in this game but unsure how to proceed

I am a firefighter and am interested in the application of this game as a training tool. However I'm A) unsure how or what really to purchase ( see many different games under same name) B) what kind of computer the game and associated MODS need to run on. Only PC or will they run on MAC?

Thanks for any help and thanks to everyone doing all these great MODS I've seen on the net.

As a training tool I really don't think this is up to par for those purposes, as a hobby/gaming experience it is rather fun.  You will need a windows computer, most computers available today can run this game.  IF you are looking for an online purchase of the game you can find it on many sites such as amazon.  To find a CD copy you would have to look for EM4/Deluxe which is more of a european release, 911:First Responders was released to the North American Market.

System Requirements:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/forum-42/announcement-6-emergency-4deluxe911-first-responders-system-requirements-read-this-first-if-your-game-experiences-lag/

Realize that some of the mods out there do require more extensive system requirements but to play most of them you can get away with a pretty standard system today.  I am unsure as to whether it can run on the MAC os, I believe it can on newer ones but I am unsure of that.

As a training tool I really don't think this is up to par for those purposes, as a hobby/gaming experience it is rather fun.  You will need a windows computer, most computers available today can run this game.  IF you are looking for an online purchase of the game you can find it on many sites such as amazon.  To find a CD copy you would have to look for EM4/Deluxe which is more of a european release, 911:First Responders was released to the North American Market.

System Requirements:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/forum-42/announcement-6-emergency-4deluxe911-first-responders-system-requirements-read-this-first-if-your-game-experiences-lag/

Realize that some of the mods out there do require more extensive system requirements but to play most of them you can get away with a pretty standard system today.  I am unsure as to whether it can run on the MAC os, I believe it can on newer ones but I am unsure of that.

Using more as a command tool than a line firefighter tool. Where to have cops and medics stage, where would you pace what resource on foreground etc. Seems from the videos on YouTube that it could handle that very well.

I suppose it could work that way. I don't know if you could consider it a realistic tabletop. The events occur and terminate much faster than real life (at least in free play). The Campaign mode would probably work better for the aspect that your looking at. That being said I do love the game for certain aspects and just general messing around with computer coding and graphic art. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

A fellow FF/EMT

That's where my problem is, I would want to not just use the game for tabletop. I would use it myself to just play, but am a compute illerate. In fact I don't own a laptop, use my ipad for everything. So trying to figure out what would be a good middle ground requirements for a laptop to have to play the game AND the MODS. Seen some people say don't buy from Amazon that there is a problem with the MODS working with that download.

An Ipad won't run the game, as laptops go, you can run it on integrated chipsets (intel/amd) but they arent the best choice, really you gotta find a laptop with either an ATI or Nvidia non-integrated card installed, they are more pricey than the run of the mill laptop but better suited to gaming purposes... Outside of the video card most all the computers out there now can suffice, figure get a notebook with 4gb ram or more and a 2ghz+ processor you'll run the game fine, the vid card i'd suggest a nvidia or an ati to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest.

Seen some people say don't buy from Amazon that there is a problem with the MODS working with that download.

There have been people that struggle to get access to the editor with the Amazon download. I believe there is at least one tutorial that can walk you through it step by step but given your lack of computer knowledge it may be easier to get a hard copy CD.

There have been people that struggle to get access to the editor with the Amazon download. I believe there is at least one tutorial that can walk you through it step by step but given your lack of computer knowledge it may be easier to get a hard copy CD.

Ok to buying the actual CD, is there a store where people have found it? The US version that is?

I believe this was how I got mine originally. Just makes sure you copy down your cd key and save a copy of the original install files so that you don't have to pay for the extended download. It is a digital download but it's direct from Atari

http://www.atari.com/buy-games/simulation/911-first-responders

I believe this was how I got mine originally. Just makes sure you copy down your cd key and save a copy of the original install files so that you don't have to pay for the extended download. It is a digital download but it's direct from Atari

http://www.atari.com/buy-games/simulation/911-first-responders

Yea I got mine through Atari also, and through the link that i got I've managed to install it on three separate computers. Only problem was that the mod installer originally did not work, but I found a quick fix for it on the forum here. (Did message Atari about it but you know how tech support is.....)

Wasn't Emergency: Firefighters for Life used as a training tool? 

Yeah but not really "firefighter" as I see it, sure Firefighter I&II have a little section about it but that's only on their role and how to understand the ICS which EM4 does not have. A firefighter should never be in command of any of the large incidents like the game has and the game does not provide enough detail to accurately portray small incidents.

If the game had better fire progression and wind shifts that would make the game a little bit better.