ENG51INE

Limited Water Supply- Engine to Supply other Engine

Hello again,

I am looking to see if anyone has found of created a script to have an engine work as a tanker and an engine at the same time.  For example, an engine that is able to attach to a hydrant, and supply another engine while firefighters are still able to use hoses to fight fire.  I have tried tinkering with Hoppah's Limited Water Supply scripts, but I keep hitting dead ends.  I have tried to add the engines as tankers, but all this is doing it keeping it from operating as an engine.  Thanks!

Does anyone else have any further insight into this?

Theoretically, one could easilly change the CheckTarget code in the attachfirehose script to enable engine to engine connections, but it would also mean having to modify the WaterSupplyFreeplay.script to accomodate and calculate the water levels in engine to engine connections. In short, its easy, then it becomes really really hard. The water supply script is a very complicated thing and has many different calculations to determine the water level inside the tank of a vehicle.

Only the author himeslf (Hoppah) can point us in the right direction in this case.