Chris07

Contamination Particles

I'm trying to create a new hazmat event for freeplay. I have done the following:

1. Placed an object and named it "industry_contam3" (it will be the third hazmat event on the map. (This object is the one I want to trigger the contamination when it catches on fire)

2. Placed a particle emitter (Objects/Particles/Contam) and named it industry_contam3

3. Placed a trigger around the area of contamination and named it "industry_contam3" (Set to trigger only on Persons and Squad Persons)

This is exactly the same (minus the "3" in the name) set-up as a working hazmat event.

The problem is that the contamination "cloud" caused by the particle object is visible on freeplay start! The working hazmat incidents are properly hidden until the event is triggered by a fire, but the ones I create show the cloud. I've quadruple checked and there are no typos in the particle object name, trigger, or triggering object's name.

Ive never seen a map with more than the 2 hazmat events so my guess is that it is limited to just two.  Perhaps someone else has done more and has an idea why yours isnt working.

3 things I just checked it for you:

It is triggered by persons only <not squad persons>, maybe that is why you're glitching?

You named yours "industry_contam3"

it needs to be "industry_contam03"

If you use the original map it has contam03 already on the map, so make sure you realize that number is taken by default.

I'm guessing here, and there can indeed be more than just 2 hazmats, I checked other mods to see that infact there are so that aint it =/

I'll try the squad persons thing.

I have tried both industry_contam03 and industry_contam3 and neither seemed to have an effect. To prove that it didn't really matter, I changed the name of a known good one from industry_contam02 to industry_contam2 and it made no difference.

The map I have is Hoppah's LA Mod map. it only has one event industry_contam02.

I've tried to create industry_contam01 and industry_contam03

I had the same issue but made the object a house and it worked try that

Thanks , still no dice though... Heres what i got...

A trigger set to squad person and persons around the area roughly where the event occurs. Named "industry_contam01"

A train car, object named "industry_contam01"

and the particle effect contam3 named "industry_contam01". 

I tried using a building instead of an object (the train station instead of the train car) as the activating object... it didnt seem to make a difference. everytime i load up the map in freeplay, the particle effect appears at game start.... I feel like theres something im missing but i just cant seem to figure it out. The Hazmat events worked fine on the LA mod, so i followed the way they created theirs on my map, but no matter what i do the green cloud is always visible at mission start instead of when the event occurs.