Chris07

Overwriting animations

Say (hypothetically) I was able to add a completely new animation to the adult_anim.vmo file found in the base game (while preserving all of the existing animations). If I was to place the new adult_anim.vmo file into my mod's folder at the same path as the base game's adult_anim.vmo, would the animation file in my mod folder be loaded instead of the base game's animation file when I switch to my mod in game or editor?

I've noticed that when something exists in both the base game and mod it prefers to use the mod's version over the base games version. If the base game has something that the mod does not, it loads into the mod. Is the same true with animations?

I am unaware of anyone ever actually making new person animations for this game but I could be mistaken, in theory IF it is just an animation of an existing person model and is in the mod directory, it favors the mod first then goes to the original game for things it needs if the mod doesnt have it.  Either way I'd try it and see if it works, if it crashes chances are it did not work and simply remove it... Part of modding is trial and error, ya gotta try things to find out if they work or not.

Yeah this is something I looked into extensively and you're right, but if I remember correctly there's a few files such as this that the game seems to bypass looking for them in a mod and reverts to the base everytime. But I really hope I'm wrong and you get results, this game is in dire need of some new animation sets.

x