Chris07

Traffic Accident Troubles

There are 15 preexisting traffic collisions of this particular map and I have added 4 additional accidents. When I load the map in freeplay two of the traffic incidents are not hidden. The first, seen here (number 16) spawns the truck and the patient (who is not supposed to be entrapped in the vehicle), but the bicycle is hidden properly.

The same occurs in this accident. The yellow car and patient (patient is not entrapped in the vehicle) are not hidden when the map loads, but the skid marks and green car are.

Am I doing something wrong? Should patients not entrapped in vehicles be labeled as debris and not patients? Then why isthe main vehicle (name ccar_#) not hidden?

This is really puzzling since the other accidents hide correctly and they are all named the same way (with differing incident IDs).

Side Question:

If I was to take an uninjured person, set them to being a "Gangster", and marked them as a patient (or debris?) Would that make it necessary to arrest them in order to complete the mission?

You are naming everything correctly except if you have a person who is not entrapped you can still call them 'ccard'

But you need to ensure you have persons entrapped in the vehicle named ' ccar'

You cannot have non entrapment accidents. But you can have as many vehicles involved as you like but at least 1 has to have someone trapped.

Hope that helps.

Sorry to ask, but I thought it was good as I would like to put a few more traffic accidents on a couple of mods, so for an entrapped person I would need to name them the same as the vehicle? So for example the vehicle would be ccard2 and the person would need to be named ccar2? Is that correct?

You should only have one car named ccar_# per accident. The # represents the identification number for the particular accident. Each person you wish to have entrapped inside of a vehicle should be named ccarp_#X (where # is the accident ID number and X is a, b, c, d, etc)

Any debris (skid marks, unoccupied vehicles, shattered glass, objects, etc) should be named ccard_#. Any victims NOT entrapped inside of any of the vehicles should be named ccard_#.

Some things to note:

1. Before adding new accidents, see where the previous author left off. If your accident ID #s go from 1 to 14, your next new accident should continue the number series and be 15.

2. All things belonging to a particular accident event should have the same ID #.

Example:

I'm going to create a 4 car crash. There are already 25 accidents on the map and the last ID number is 25.

First Car's name: ccar_26 (Since the last accident on the map is #25, this one will need to be #26. The next accident I create will be #27, then #28, and so on)

Second Car's name: ccard_26

Third Car's name: ccard_26

Fourth Car's name: ccard_26

First Victim (entrapped in a car): ccarp_26a

Second Victim (entrapped in a car) ccarp_26b

Third Victim (entrapped in a car) ccarp_26c

Fourth Victim (found outside of the car): ccard_26

Any skid marks, objects, etc: ccard_26

I want the first victim to be entrapped in the first car, the second victim in the second car, the third victim in the third car, but the fourth car to be empty and the fourth person to spawn outside of the car.

To do this I select the first car, and go to Properties -> Edit Traits -> Check the box for having a person trapped inside, then select "ccarp_26a".

I repeat the process for car two and three selecting "ccarp_26b" and "ccarp_26c" respectively. Since the fourth car has no one inside of it, I do not have to edit it's properties further.

That's pretty much it. Just not ccarp_#X is ONLY used for victims trapped inside of cars. ccard_# is used for everyone else, and you should never have more than one ccar_#

Hmmm...good question. I'm not sure. I believe that every accident requires at least one person trapped in a car. ccar_# will not work unless there is someone marked as being inside of the car...and without ccar_# working, the accident won't work.

The man sitting outside of the bus and the guy in the middle of the road should be ccard_4 as they are not inside of the bus. Only people who are inside of a vehicle should be named ccarp_#

Also, accidents are randomly chosen so it should be a matter of luck although in my experience it seems to be the same few accidents that cycle through.

As a matter of efficiency, check to make sure that there are no gaps in your numbering.

For example, starting with accident #1 and if you have 15 total accidents, make sure that there are no numbers missing between #1 and #15. if there is a number missing it may cause accidents to not show up (not confirmed).