bmxchamp4

Reskinning Copies

Will this work? So far in my experience i've not gotten it to work. It might be that the skins for the vehicles are tied to the specific V3O. However here is the situation. I have created copies of the LAS engine in the LA Mod. I have tried reskinning the copies, but they seem to still use the same skin as the original file. I reskinned the original file, and the copies skins also changed. Is this because the all the .v3Os are looking for the specific .dds file? fire_engine1.dds?

**EDIT**

Nevermind I found it :P

For anyone else, you have to unlock the v30 file, and then open it in notepad and change the texture filename within.

Yes sorry I should have mentioned this. However, I did run into a problem. After finishing my editing and renaming the file names within, they still seem to be using the skins from the original copies (i.e Engine 3 (a copy of engine 1) is still using the skin for engine 1. So engine 3 still says E1 on it). It is very strange. I am trying to find out why this is. Although I have a theory. I will get back to you after I test it.

**EDIT**

Hmm, yes I seem to have that problem. I have tested my theory and it did not work. Despite having changed the file names inside the v3o file, the copies are still using the same skins as the originals. I thought at first maybe, despite being able to edit them, that i should unpacked them. But just as I thought the files were already unpacked. When I tried repacking the files to see if that was the case, it said it could not write the file. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Which editor are you referring to? the 911 editor or Notepad++? The 911 editor  is running as admin, not sure about NP++ though, never checked. No the files are not set to "Read-Only", should they be?

Only the ones I have copied. I have made 4 copies in total.. 3 copies of fire_engine1, and 1 copy of fire_engine2.. Now, when I change the .dds files for fire_engine1 & 2, they change just fine. However, when I change the .dds files of the 4 copies to what i need them to be, they seem to maintain the same .dds files as their original that they were copied from despite having changed the file names to the correct ones in the .V3O file.. So for example, fire_engine2 is supposed to say 102 on the skin, for the engine number, and that it does.. then fire_engine6 is supposed to have 302 on it for the engine number. (NOTE: fire_engine6 is a copy of fire_engine2).. and despite having changed the necessary file names in the V30 and what not, fire_engine6 says 102 on it instead of 302. It is still using the fire_engine2.dds as it's skin instead of fire_engine6.dds

Lol wow, this whole time, the answer was right in front of me. but I didn't scroll over far enough lol! you were right. I needed to change the actual model path in the editor xD thank you for your help :)